The Honey Factory

Pics
I had my first successful aerial assault on my person today.

I went to watch my bees. They were extremely active, I thought to myself they looked agitated. In retrospect, they were.

I watched them from the side, then went to the front, I was outside the fence, about 20 feet, from the hive. One bee took exception to my being there and hit me with her stinger locked and loaded, ready to fire.

There was no warning, no bump just a hit!

She got me on my left eye brow. I have now had the Gwenth Paltrow beauty treatment.
Bee Therapy. ;) You won't have a headache now for a week. :gig
In all seriousness, I would take a Benadryl tablet. Unfortunately its usually a precursor to a hive getting ready to swarm in a couple days. :hmm Sorry to be a Debbie.

This weed that seems to grow everywhere is supposed to take the pain itching away. I don’t know what it’s called anymore. Smash it up and apply.
7ED42827-9FF8-482C-AE2E-0E385AE993AF.jpeg

My hives are doing great!

I think, I was right about that queen being a new one. The egg pattern is completely different in the weak hive. She is filling nearly every cell. Lots of young larva in the weak hive. One frame was about 50% uncovered brood.

There seems to be almost as many bees in the weak hive as the strong hive now. The weak hive has started putting honey above the queen excluder.

The strong hive is just that. Lots of bees almost all the frames are filled with brood or honey. There is quite a bit of sealed honey in it. There was one deep frame that appeared to be solid honey. I left it, as it was in old comb.

I was hoping for some cut comb, maybe in 3-4 weeks. After seeing how well they are doing I am going to leave them alone for a while.

I did see a couple of those bee chains in there after I removed a frame, kind of cool.

I did not look In the bottom box in either hive, no reason too.

The blue queen was in the top box, in one of the middle frames.

I put spacers under the lid on both hives as we have 10 days of 90 degree weather ahead of us.

The blue queen apologized for the over zealous guard bee that stung me this morning. We are back on good terms.

I am very pleased with what I saw. I doubt there is a split in their future, I saw no queen cells.

*:)*

the smiley is not the emoji I used.. for the record
I got 2-3 stings last summer, painting out some hail damage on the siding. Wasps, though, so really no redeeming qualities in my eyes--which was very close to where the dam things stung me. 😡😡😡 It didn't hurt that bad, but it made me SO furious. I ended up having to finish long-sleeved with a fishing mosquito veiled hat on. I want to hurt them. 👿

This weed that seems to grow everywhere is supposed to take the pain itching away. I don’t know what it’s called anymore. Smash it up and apply. View attachment 2223811
It's supposed to be edible... Yeah, if you're a ruminant, maybe. I tried sautèeing some. That was NAASTY--also absolutely unchewable. 🤷‍♀️

I don’t want to eat it but I’d try it on a bee sting 😂

I think the best treatment for a honeybee sting, now that I have experienced one, is to have the womenfolk taking care of the injured man.

I envision, a couple waving palm fronds over me as I recline on a sofa of pillows, with other women folks feeding me exotic fruits and drink.

While even more dance, sing and play music to soothe the pain from the sting.

Back
Top Bottom