The Honey Factory

I fed mine today. The mean hive was out of sugar water. The nice hive had an inch left.

One advantage of feeding them in 35-40 degree weather is no one cared to attack me. They stayed inside today. Except for a few brave ones.

I did not have enough sugar water to fill their feeder. I will fill it Monday When I winterize the hives.

Michael Palmer of French Hill Apiaries in Vermont is an internationally known beekeeper that wraps his hives in tar paper. Tar paper is fine and so is tyvek. The important thing is to use something that helps as a windbreak.

Michael Palmer of French Hill Apiaries in Vermont is an internationally known beekeeper that wraps his hives in tar paper. Tar paper is fine and so is tyvek. The important thing is to use something that helps as a windbreak.
Vermont and Minnesota are completely different climates. Our winters are closer to McMurdo winters than Vermont’s.

For the halibut I decided to look up St Albans weather.

BCCBCDA8-6424-404A-9103-06DADC245D6F.png

I guarantee you that is not Zimmerman weather. We normally do a couple stretches of -30 below weather a year.

also, I wish it never got above 79.

If you add 20 degrees to the summer temps and subtract (lower) the winter temps by 20 degrees you might have the same average temperature. But you sure don’t have the same weather.

Back
Top Bottom