The Honey Factory

Dear Fellow Bee Peeps:

I have recently discovered kicking bees out of a hive in below freezing temperatures will not necessarily kill them.

I have also recently discovered Bees that look dead on a frame kept outside in below freezing weather may not in fact be dead.

I have also stumbled upon a little known fact. If you see bees clumped together on the bottom of the leg of a table and they look alive after spending the night outside, in below freezing temps, they will indeed be alive.

Also I learned taking a frame with what appears to be dead bees and pounding it against the table of which the bees have clustered will awaken the bees on the frame and on the table leg.

Upon further reflection I deduced, 36 degrees f will not slow down bees very much if they are pissed off from spending the night outside in below freezing temps.

Learn from all I learned today. And if you don’t learn at least be smarter than me and wear a bee suit while learning.
You know that all you had to do was kill the queen and remove the brood and the bees would have died on their own. Spraying them with soapy water will also kill them.

You know that all you had to do was kill the queen and remove the brood and the bees would have died on their own. Spraying them with soapy water will also kill them.
I was trying to steal their honey and let them die naturally so I didn’t have their deaths on my Conscience

I was trying to steal their honey and let them die naturally so I didn’t have their deaths on my Conscience
Doesn't matter how you kill them, you killed them even if it is by starvation, If you weren't trying to kill them, they probably would have already died but are hanging in there just to spite you.

Dear Fellow Bee Peeps:

I have recently discovered kicking bees out of a hive in below freezing temperatures will not necessarily kill them.

I have also recently discovered Bees that look dead on a frame kept outside in below freezing weather may not in fact be dead.

I have also stumbled upon a little known fact. If you see bees clumped together on the bottom of the leg of a table and they look alive after spending the night outside, in below freezing temps, they will indeed be alive.

Also I learned taking a frame with what appears to be dead bees and pounding it against the table of which the bees have clustered will awaken the bees on the frame and on the table leg.

Upon further reflection I deduced, 36 degrees f will not slow down bees very much if they are pissed off from spending the night outside in below freezing temps.

Learn from all I learned today. And if you don’t learn at least be smarter than me and wear a bee suit while learning.
I had a feeling this would be amusing . :D

The Italians are going to have a bad night. I will be opening there hive to the weather. It might freeze. Hopefully hypothermia will set in.
What did those poor Italians ever do to you? Do they have friends in wet places? *whispers* DUX
Dear Fellow Bee Peeps:

I had forgotten how entertaining you keeping bees was. It's been months since I've checked in here.
I didn’t think it was all that amusing!
I snorted.

What did those poor Italians ever do to you? Do they have friends in wet places? *whispers* DUX

I had forgotten how entertaining you keeping bees was. It's been months since I've checked in here.

I snorted.
It has been months since Ralphie was entertaining . Glad to see he is feeling well enough to entertain us .:thumbsup

The other day I mowed early near my mean hive . It was about 40 . Little devils tried boiling out after me . No suit and no stings but they wanted to .I did not waste any time near them . Other hives not one bee came out . Might have to open them up in near zero weather .

The other day I mowed early near my mean hive . It was about 40 . Little devils tried boiling out after me . No suit and no stings but they wanted to .I did not waste any time near them . Other hives not one bee came out . Might have to open them up in near zero weather .
Those mean hives are a PiTA.

Back
Top Bottom