The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
We breed Jubilees!
We have a roo and 3 hens
Big John, the roo.
900x900px-LL-b3d5b258_20130323_131831.jpeg

The 3 hens, Temma, Ella, and Minnie. Not a great pic, I know:
900x900px-LL-1675fcb0_20130323_131649.jpeg

I just won an auction off of a rare poultry site for jubilees and I'm praying they are fertile and hatch!! Because yes $225 for 12+ eggs is a lot! Sorry about your situation I hope he respons soon

There have been lots of fertility issues with big fluffy English Orpingtons, and its your responsibility to research new breeds you are accepting into your flock.

Not saying its your fault that none of the eggs hatched, but before you spend that kind of money on eggs I would do some research first. Plenty of breeders are having this issue with their jubilees.

Hopefully John will make things right for you. I know he has good stock.

thumbsup.gif

We can research until blue in the face but with orpingtons as well as any other breed its the breeders responsibility to check fertility upon selling hatching eggs. I was supposed to get some jubilee eggs Monday but turns out the seller didn't feel comfortable selling them because he checked fertility and it was not good yet.

Unfortunately when shipping eggs who knows what the real problem was. :( going through x ray, being shaken or kicked, who knows but it isn't always the sellers mistake that they seem to be Infertile. They could be scrambled :( eek

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom