The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cherylcohen, Oct 8, 2011.

1. TNBEARCHICK

TNBEARCHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    JOHNSON CITY
    You want an English SOP.

2. Gardengirl73

Gardengirl73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine are 21 weeks. They are pinking up in the face, comb, etc. Wonder if I'll be waiting 'til Spring?[​IMG]

3. heirloomorps

heirloomorps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2012
    Brooksville, FL
    My Coop
    I have two pullets at 24 weeks am no signs of even close to POL yet. Thankfully it doesn't get cold here until late October so there is still time

4. heirloomorps

Oct 30, 2012
    Brooksville, FL
    My Coop
    I just recalculated. Ours are 29 weeks, not 24. We picked them up at 5 weeks old. And STILL not close to POL.

5. blackbirds13

blackbirds13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Southern New Hampshire
    I sold my breeding pair to a friend but have 1 female from GFF that I got early January from GFF as a day old that has not laid an egg yet. She's 8 months old!!! She's lucky as I will probably keep her till next spring/summer and see if she lays then. If not.... well I have a younger one that's about 3 months old that I can use if I choose to restart with them next year. I have 2 confirmed and 2 maybe males I need to rehome as I'm not interested in breeding them at this point. I figure I can more easily pick up another male if I get the urge.

6. Gardengirl73

Gardengirl73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, I'm surprised there are no signs yet. I've pretty much resigned myself to waiting for Spring with mine. Good luck with your girls!

7. TNBEARCHICK

Feb 17, 2012
    JOHNSON CITY
    We were hoping ours would start to lay before winter, we have chicks sold and would like to have some pullets to put with another Rooster for a second breeding pen. So we can have to breeding pens to work with.

8. Christabelle

Christabelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    Dayton NV
    Can't rush nature ;) they will lay when they are good and ready... Right after you give up all hope for an egg. Chooks are mean like that.

9. TNBEARCHICK

Feb 17, 2012
    JOHNSON CITY
    Well ours started roughly when we hoped for, my Blue Columbian Brahmas on the other hand.

10. heirloomorps

Oct 30, 2012
    Brooksville, FL
    My Coop
    We waited 10 months for our BLRW to start laying so until we hit 40 weeks, this wait is nothing! It helps that we have older Jubilees laying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by