Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cherylcohen, Oct 8, 2011.
You want an English SOP.
Mine are 21 weeks. They are pinking up in the face, comb, etc. Wonder if I'll be waiting 'til Spring?
I have two pullets at 24 weeks am no signs of even close to POL yet. Thankfully it doesn't get cold here until late October so there is still time
I just recalculated. Ours are 29 weeks, not 24. We picked them up at 5 weeks old. And STILL not close to POL.
I sold my breeding pair to a friend but have 1 female from GFF that I got early January from GFF as a day old that has not laid an egg yet. She's 8 months old!!! She's lucky as I will probably keep her till next spring/summer and see if she lays then. If not.... well I have a younger one that's about 3 months old that I can use if I choose to restart with them next year. I have 2 confirmed and 2 maybe males I need to rehome as I'm not interested in breeding them at this point. I figure I can more easily pick up another male if I get the urge.
Wow, I'm surprised there are no signs yet. I've pretty much resigned myself to waiting for Spring with mine. Good luck with your girls!
We were hoping ours would start to lay before winter, we have chicks sold and would like to have some pullets to put with another Rooster for a second breeding pen. So we can have to breeding pens to work with.
Can't rush nature they will lay when they are good and ready... Right after you give up all hope for an egg. Chooks are mean like that.
Well ours started roughly when we hoped for, my Blue Columbian Brahmas on the other hand.
We waited 10 months for our BLRW to start laying so until we hit 40 weeks, this wait is nothing! It helps that we have older Jubilees laying.