The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
The males do tend to get more white on them than the females. We have grown out Greenfire, Heirloom and a combination of the two and it generally holds true. I have seen a couple of pullets who have a lot of white at an early age but 98% of the time, white at 6-7 weeks indicates male. :)

Here is a better pic. Any ideas of boy/girl? I'd appreciate it

Here is a better pic. Any ideas of boy/girl? I'd appreciate it
Looks like a pullet to me. I have some that are colored this way. My males have a lot of white. I also have a pullet that's colored differently. I thought for awhile that she was a boy because she wasn't as dark as the others, but it's a pullet. Is there a difference among the different lines here in the US?

Definitely girl.
Looks like a pullet to me. I have some that are colored this way. My males have a lot of white. I also have a pullet that's colored differently. I thought for awhile that she was a boy because she wasn't as dark as the others, but it's a pullet. Is there a difference among the different lines here in the US?
Oh that is the best news! This is the only one that hatched originally . And with the odds, I figured it would end up a boy.

Oh that is the best news! This is the only one that hatched originally . And with the odds, I figured it would end up a boy.

I can relate to this. Hatching jubilees from shipped eggs has not been good. My first hatch resulted in 2/8 but thankfully I got a pullet and a cockerel - both beautiful birds. The second hatch only got 1/10 and the third hatch got 0/10 - both egg shipments came from same breeder which I will obviously not use again. One more egg shipment comes in to day from the first breeder in which I had two hatch so I will be hoping for better.

I have a special going on with chicks. $30 for Jubilees, $5 for Splashes + shipping. You can see pics of them on Facebook Pheonix Farms, also there is a contest going on for 6 chicks (asst. SR) shipped if anyone is interested.

Back
Top Bottom