The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
So I have 3 girls and 3 boys to choose from.
Question is: I've heard of orpington infertility. Do I need more than 1 male for 3 pullets?
I hope not but would hate to get rid of one if I need more.
And I've heard about clipping the vent feathers. Any pics of that?
Also,if you clip them wrong on the hens, can mating be painful for the boys?

Last edited:
I am new to the English Orpington world, and just received my chicks yesterday. They are Jubilee, Lavender, Chocolate, and Black.

My question is about the Jubilee chicks; 3 of them have chipmunk stripes while the other 2 are just yellow. Do done have stripes as chicks while others don't?

Thanks

I am new to the English Orpington world, and just received my chicks yesterday. They are Jubilee, Lavender, Chocolate, and Black.

My question is about the Jubilee chicks; 3 of them have chipmunk stripes while the other 2 are just yellow. Do done have stripes as chicks while others don't?

Thanks
Some of the lines of jubilee have the stripes down the back.

Thanks

My chicks were like that as well. Some had stripes as chicks and some didn't. Now that they are grown I can't tell who was who.

My chicks were like that as well.  Some had stripes as chicks and some didn't.  Now that they are grown I can't tell who was who. 

My fancy chick had stripes. She end up being the nicest out of all of them I have.
I think I will get colored bands to tell them apart! They sure are the sweetest little things, especially my little Clementine! ( they all have female names until they crow! Wishful thinking! ;)

Hello All!

New to this thread.

I purchased some eggs from Greg at ultimateorpingons.com in the Spring. I bought 2 Jubilee eggs, 1 hatched, an of course it's a rooster (we live in town, so not sure what to do).

Anyway, looking at other people's pictures I've seen some that are almost mottled looking?

Thoughts on my guy???

By the way: He's about 5 months old. Not crowing, not sure if it's because Orps mature slower or I already have an alpha BCM roo?

Last edited:
Hello All!

New to this thread.

I purchased some eggs from Greg at ultimateorpingons.com in the Spring. I bought 2 Jubilee eggs, 1 hatched, an of course it's a rooster (we live in town, so not sure what to do).

Anyway, looking at other people's pictures I've seen some that are almost mottled looking?

Thoughts on my guy???

By the way: He's about 5 months old. Not crowing, not sure if it's because Orps mature slower or I already have an alpha BCM roo?

They do mature slow. I am not an expert but looking at the color, he doesn't have the dark mahogany in him. I am sure you can still sell him to some one who is starting off with Jubilees because he is a pretty handsome cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom