The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics

I love my jubes! I see though there are a lot that have more white. Would these guys produce chicks with more or would I have to add another line?

Last edited:
@mollybuck

Those two look exactly like my crosses concerning their color.
Hopefully you'll get some extra cross chicks this hatch, because with just this pair, a little misfortune can boycott your plans.

I believe your jubilees show more dan enough white for a breeding flock.
Sometimes those birds with less markings end up being more valuable in a breeding pen.

Actually I would like to ask the jubilee Orpington breeders here a question about how they put together a breeding flock.
What are you favorite combinations?
A very dark cockerel with very few white, "bright" red colored cockerel with very few white, cockerels that show the pattern as described in the standard,...
What about the hens?

@mollybuck Both options should be possible. Putting your blue cockerel (out of jubilee x splash) over jubilee hens or your blue hen (out of jubilee x splash) with a jubilee cockerel will bring you one step closer to those blue jubilees. Always put the next generation together with a pure jubilee and you will get there. When having extra time and space, you can always put together the two blues and see what you get. This is the little cockerel I was talking you about. He is from the beginning of April. For a Wyandotte bantam he is quite a heavy boy for his age. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] These are his two sisters from the same hatch. The one on the left is also the result of jubilee x splash (she recently started showing red in her chest), the one on the right is the result of jubilee x gold laced blue (she is a pullet even tough her comb and wattles are quite big and red). [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] These 4 pullets are from the 15th of April. Very clean blue, not showing any red so far. These two come from jubilee x gold laced blue. Pullet on the left, cockerel on the right.
Really excited to see what that pullet at the bottom looks like all grown up! My Jubilee, Reba turned out to be a smart Mommy. She hatched 2 out of three eggs and adopted 2 more chicks! She's an excellent Mama to the 4 in her brood! She has proven to be very smart at something as well as gorgeous! She even scared my boxer , Ruby to death when she was trying to sniff their fuzzy Ameraucana butts!

Just wanted to share pictures of my jubilee chicks. I purchased as straight run and am thinking I have 3 pullets and 1 cockerel. I know they take longer to mature, but wanted other opinions. Sorry for the bad pics, some are camera shy.

Just wanted to share pictures of my jubilee chicks. I purchased as straight run and am thinking I have 3 pullets and 1 cockerel. I know they take longer to mature, but wanted other opinions. Sorry for the bad pics, some are camera shy.

I would say 1 pullet, 1 cockerel and 2 unsure at this point. The definite pullet and cockerel are the middle two in first pic.

I have 3 jubilee pullets and a roo. Do you know when they start laying and them when I should start breeding them.

Last edited:
Mine were laying and breeding at 6 months. For best results, set the eggs the day they are laid. In my experience, they do not store well. I can leave my other colored Orp eggs in the wine chiller (52 degrees, which is darned near ideal) for over a week without any losses. When I stored Jubilee eggs for a week, all of them failed to develop and they were fertile. Jubilee eggs are very porous, and it's a small gene pool, so they require more exacting conditions than the more common Orps.

Back
Top Bottom