The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
Those are tooooo cute! I have some coming around July 9th - can hardly wait so I'll probably be lurking here and hoping folks post pics and keep this thread going. I know nothing about Orps. Just purchased four Chocolate bantams a few weeks ago and LOVE how chunky they feel. Traded in my Lavender Ameraucanas to fit the Jubilees in and keep the hubby happy. How old are your chicks Miss Molly? and may I ask where or who you got them from? and...do you have any guesses yet on who's a boy or girl. I watched those eggs on ebay also and also tried bidding on rarebreeds but the prices...trailblzn outbid me there - LUCKY!!! (my husband was very happy you did tho') but I did manage to procure some...will post pics when they come as I'll have more time to spend on the computer and staring at my birds. So looking forward to it. Congrats on your cuties Miss Molly.
Trailblzn you should post some pics for us to ooh and ah over.

I did win a few egg auction on Ebay.... no luck with hatching...Oouch that hurt
hmm.png

I ended up ordering these beautiful chicks from Jenny at Green Fire Farm...For the amount of money I spent on fertile eggs..I should have just purchased them straight from Green Fire Farms.
I tried to save a buck.... didn' work out so well... Oh Well, Love my Chicks.. I would say 12+++ weeks. Three Hens, one Rooster....

I did win a few egg auction on Ebay.... no luck with hatching...Oouch that hurt
hmm.png

I ended up ordering these beautiful chicks from Jenny at Green Fire Farm...For the amount of money I spent on fertile eggs..I should have just purchased them straight from Green Fire Farms.
I tried to save a buck.... didn' work out so well... Oh Well, Love my Chicks.. I would say 12+++ weeks. Three Hens, one Rooster....
But you scored in the end - those are soooo chute and a nice combo. I have very little luck with shipped eggs, my best hatch was 6/10 on some BCM eggs and I hear these may have fertility issues (same with my chocolates????). The Jubilees I'm getting will be about 3 weeks and straight run so I'll be hoping for a pair at the least.
fl.gif
Keep us updated on how yours come along. I got my Legbars at Greenfire and was thinking of doing the same for the Orps but lucked out on rarebreeds for the Chocolates and on BYC for the Jubilees...happy for you.

who needs Jimmy Choos when you can have Jubilees!!!!!!!!!
ETA - not that I own any Jimmy Choos - that my husband wou really send my husband into a tail spin

Last edited:
My jubilees are finally kicking into gear - 100% fertility on developing eggs

Due to hatch if they all continue to develop as well as they are now
June 28 - Sixteen eggs
July 1 - Four eggs

and I just set Six eggs today

It was 105 degrees here yesterday so they've slowed down on laying, but it's nice to know they are at least fertile and developing!!

Sorry I outbid you blackbird....I was excited win I won. I just came back from a weeks vacation and found one of my jubilees had died!!! Can you imagine how sad I was. It was flat like a pancake so I guess it had been like that a few days. :/

I'm praying I have more pullets than Roos. I will be selling off the Roos when I find out which ones they are. I will take some pictures of them today, they are now having some color on them.

My jubilees are finally kicking into gear - 100% fertility on developing eggs

Due to hatch if they all continue to develop as well as they are now
June 28 - Sixteen eggs
July 1 - Four eggs

and I just set Six eggs today

It was 105 degrees here yesterday so they've slowed down on laying, but it's nice to know they are at least fertile and developing!!

How exciting!
celebrate.gif
They are Beautiful.. How old are they? Where did yours come from?
droolin.gif

But you scored in the end - those are soooo chute and a nice combo. I have very little luck with shipped eggs, my best hatch was 6/10 on some BCM eggs and I hear these may have fertility issues (same with my chocolates????). The Jubilees I'm getting will be about 3 weeks and straight run so I'll be hoping for a pair at the least.
fl.gif
Keep us updated on how yours come along. I got my Legbars at Greenfire and was thinking of doing the same for the Orps but lucked out on rarebreeds for the Chocolates and on BYC for the Jubilees...happy for you.

who needs Jimmy Choos when you can have Jubilees!!!!!!!!!
ETA - not that I own any Jimmy Choos - that my husband wou really send my husband into a tail spin
Where are your Jubilee's coming from... I had such a hard time finding the chicks... Green Fire Farm was the only one I could find selling the Chicks's. Thats why I was Bidding crazy amounts of Money for eggs....I must say," my Jubilee's are so beautiful, they were worth the Money....

What Miss Molly said.

By the way, do you know how jealous I am of you all? Some day I'll have some, even if I need to make my oewn.

I am excited..... I have 6 jubilee one day old chicks coming tomorrow from an auction I won from Greenfire Farms!!!! Got a good deal on them or I wouldn't have been able to get them. I will post pictures when I get them.
big_smile.png
lol.png
wink.png
I didn't know Green Fire Farm did Auctions.. Where do I go to see what they are auctioning??
idunno.gif

You are going to Love them... Mine came from Green Fire Farms and Jenny sent me a Beautiful assortment..Healthy and Happy..
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom