The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
Thank you
wink.png
Im kind of scared to check out the website... I have NO control of myself when it come's to Chickens....
D.gif
tongue.png

Sorry I outbid you blackbird....I was excited win I won. I just came back from a weeks vacation and found one of my jubilees had died!!! Can you imagine how sad I was. It was flat like a pancake so I guess it had been like that a few days.
hmm.png

I'm praying I have more pullets than Roos. I will be selling off the Roos when I find out which ones they are. I will take some pictures of them today, they are now having some color on them.
Don't be trailblazn, I would have been excited to win also (my husband was just as happy i didn't) that was a terrific buy. It's really sad one died, especially while you were away. I feel your pain.
sad.png
I usually go to Florida to see the folks in the summer but I think I may hold off this year as I don't think my husband really wants to watch my birds for me and I have to admit that I am a bit paranoid of just that same scenario as I have so many little ones this year...and most of them were not cheap.

Thanks HappyMtn, but I've had chicks sent at 2 and 3 weeks overnight, which now takes 2 days sometimes, with little to no ill effects at all, so I'm not really too concerned. I prefer to have my chicks sent out more as juvies than day olds but each to their own. If I could buy all my birds that way I would. The term 'straight run' was my own labeling off my purchase and with my Marans I personally really cannot sex those that early and my bantam chocolates weren't really evident until the last couple of weeks, and even now I'm still watching one 'pullet' hoping it remains so but I guess having 2 pairs rather than 1 male and 3 females would not be so bad - but please let it not be a rooster
fl.gif
. I was not looking for guarantees as I know that can be very dicey with young birds - it would be nice but.... I'm VERY happy with my purchase,and very grateful to kidcody and waiting with baited breath and excitement to see those little chickies!!!! But enjoying everyone's pictures.

Nice birds cherylcohen - a bit jealous of you right now!!
woot.gif

mrheinz77 what do you use to make a Jubilee and what other Orpington could I use to breed to my Jubilees...or does it not matter?

I hope you get more girls than boys.

I still think its a shady business practice. People that are familiar with the birds and are breeding for quality, not just profit, know that most single combed breeds are pretty sexable at that point. There are always exceptions, but what other logical reason would there be to hold onto the birds? A blizzard, maybe? In June? No.

Once my chicks start showing gender, I no longer sell them as straight run, but as started pairs and trios. Honesty is the best policy.

Back
Top Bottom