The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
TRAILBLAZN, Love your babies
smile.png
What are the other Babies in the pic?

Thats what i was hoping, i have two that look a little darker and hoping those were the boys and the girls lighter because i have 3 lighter. THey will be beautiful when all their feathers are in.
I have some Lav, Black orp and some Breda's that green fire sent in with my Jubilee, they are really cool looking chicks. i will take pic of them and post so you can see them. Dont know what i will do with another breed of chicken...LOL

todays pic of jubilee's:

mrheinz77 what do you use to make a Jubilee and what other Orpington could I use to breed to my Jubilees...or does it not matter?

I'm researching that right now. I know of a breeder that crossed a Speckled Sussex cock to Black Orpington hens and Buff Orpington hens. Since the speckling is recessive, it will not show up in the F1 generation. Once the Jubilee is obtained, I would not cross it to any other color. The tri color genetics make it very difficult to get back the correct coloring. This color does not work like the Lavandar where you can get splits.

It may be a good thing I have a degree in Biology with a passion for genetics if I want to tackle this project.

I'm just learning the chicken genetics but I have an understanding of genetics in general. Most of what I know is from studying Speckled Sussex.

Ok...here are updated pic of the Jubilees. every week they just keep getting bigger and plumper. oh and cuter and cuter. i can't wait until all their feathers come in.

Back
Top Bottom