The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
Good to know about the color. I was curious. I have one older girl that has a more overall spotted color than my younger girl. I was wondering if they spotted out more as they matured, but even with the month difference the younger one just seems less spotty. These are gorgeous birds. They are starting to leave my choc bantams in the dust so it may be time to separate soon. My boy is going to be huge and I've not had Orps before so this is quite thrilling.
What about the black feathering? My boy was whiter and seems to have blacker feathering in the neck area compared to the girls.
Gotta get some pictures.

Good to know about the color. I was curious. I have one older girl that has a more overall spotted color than my younger girl. I was wondering if they spotted out more as they matured, but even with the month difference the younger one just seems less spotty. These are gorgeous birds. They are starting to leave my choc bantams in the dust so it may be time to separate soon. My boy is going to be huge and I've not had Orps before so this is quite thrilling.
What about the black feathering? My boy was whiter and seems to have blacker feathering in the neck area compared to the girls.
Gotta get some pictures.

You want even coloring throughout the entire birds plumage. It's definitely a complex color pattern and it will take time, careful selection of breeding birds and an eye for how a bird will look when fully mature to bring a flock close to their standard.

What you cannot do is just throw a pen of Jubilees together, hatch tons of chicks and expect to have a flock of show quality birds. It just won't happen. It's a difficult color to get right but when that is accomplished the outcome is absolutely beautiful.

Last edited:
love.gif
BREATH TAKING!!!!V WOW!!!
droolin.gif

You want even coloring throughout the entire birds plumage. It's definitely a complex color pattern and it will take time, careful selection of breeding birds and an eye for how a bird will look when fully mature to bring a flock close to their standard.

What you cannot do is just throw a pen of Jubilees together, hatch tons of chicks and expect to have a flock of show quality birds. It just won't happen. It's a difficult color to get right but when that is accomplished the outcome is absolutely beautiful.

That is a gorgeous bird. Hopefully at least one of my girls will look like they could head my flock could in that direction. I understand what you are saying but at this point I will have to work with what I have no matter how they turn out so fingers crossed.

My juvie boy started crowing this weekend...sounds like it's going to be a boomer. Can anyone tell me what I might be in for? My chocolate boy's crow is not too bad on the ears. My husband has said very little about it. I'm wanting to keep at least 4 roosters so trying to get an idea of range or how deep throated it could be.
He seems to be turning out quite nice so far. The pullet seems to be developing well also - her spotting seems nice to my uneducated eye. I lost the second girl a few weeks ago...I was so sad over it. I hope to at least get to hatch a few eggs to help beef up the number so I can not worry so much... Winter can be brutal but the summer took a real toll on my flock this year.

Back
Top Bottom