The Incubator Thread

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ZakoHero, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Chickencame1st

Chickencame1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2013
    North Carolina
    Found the iHatch app. Now for Android and IPhone but I think it only tracks 1 hatch at a time. I also found an app that tracks multiples built for reptiles called Hatch Date.

2. MuscovyLover

MuscovyLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2014
    Victoria, Australia
    Just had a batch of 17 eggs finish hatching. We lost 2 but the other 15 are all doing well. The brooder is full lol.
    21 more due in the next week. Eek!! We're going to be over run by ducklings :)

3. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    [​IMG]
    I have 11 one black one not shown, I have more due on the 1st.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  4. emmajane07

emmajane07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2014
    Missouri
    Hi everyone! I am new to chicks and ducks. Only 6 months into it. I currently have 1 male and 1 female duck and am needing to hatch some eggs to get more females. My local farm stores only have ducks in the spring. Anyways, I am wanting to incubate 4 eggs and hope at least two hatch. My question is, since I only have one duck laying, do I leave the eggs on the counter until I have collected 4? Or what is the best way to go about this? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

5. Paul Jones

Paul Jones Out Of The Brooder

Sounds like an egg problem, not an incubator problem.

6. wbaker53181

wbaker53181 New Egg

Jul 30, 2014
    I had two issues.

1. I had two an incubator with a temperature swing of several degrees. I contacted the manufacture (farm innovations) and explained what it was doing. They had a new one at my house in two days.

2. I think we did have an egg issue. I got 24 local eggs and it looks like 23 may hatch. we are far enough along that I hear peeps.

7. HugHess

HugHess Chickrack Addict

Jul 14, 2014
    Go BROWNS
    If you check out not only BYC threads but also YouTube you don't have to be mechanically inclined and still be able to pull it off. There is a ton of DIY videos on there....
    Good luck...

1 person likes this.
  8. TNchickmom

TNchickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello newbie attempting first hatch. I've been running a steady 100 temperature but when I put eggs in it dropped to 95. Is this OK or normal?

9. Audio51

Audio51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2012
    Paradise, California
    It is normal for the temperatur to drop some when you first add egg since they are cooler than the incubator temps. It should come back up though. What is it reading now?

10. TNchickmom

TNchickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes it came back up to 99, thanks. Its my first time and a homemade one at that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by