The Incubator Thread

Dont make things too wet. They will not dry out until they pip outer shell until day 20 or so anyway. I only add a damp paper towel after the outer pip. and be patient waiting for them to hatch some may even hatch on day 23. The outer pip they are still not ready to hatch, if you ever see blood on membrane then it is still absorbing yoke.

this egg is on day 18 it should looked shrunk down on one side big air cell and veins, but it is still not ready for lockdown too much moisture in egg.. if you shine through the bottom there should be no light. If light shines through and you can see in egg at all I would not lock down yet.

I waited until first external pip before adding a paper towels

These eggs were above chicks. Look into dry hatching.

They still come out nice and moist.

Last edited:
I'm on day 18 of my hatch and keeping the humidity above 60% for the last few hours is proving very difficult. I was wondering if someone could help me by telling me if it's ok to open the bator to add a few wet sponges at this stage or is it too late?

No it's not too late to add some sponges. Do try to leave it then so it can settle and build the humidity up before taking another reading of your humidity. Good luck :fl

No it's not too late to add some sponges. Do try to leave it then so it can settle and build the humidity up before taking another reading of your humidity. Good luck :fl

Just added the sponges around 15 monutes ago and it's already better, added a little water and left it now, it's already building up by itself. Thank you!

good luck let me know how they turn out.
smile.png

3 out of 7 eggs hatched yesterday... Still have my fingers crossed for the others, but I don't see any cracks on the eggs... But her are the pretty babies that did hatch

Has anyone had luck hatching eggs from Trader Joe's or Whole Foods that are organic and free range?

I know I have seen some posts previously--I think.

Like to know your experience--if they do--I would assume they would be great layers since the eggs are so nice!

Thanks so much--

Has anyone had luck hatching eggs from Trader Joe's or Whole Foods that are organic and free range?

I know I have seen some posts previously--I think.

Like to know your experience--if they do--I would assume they would be great layers since the eggs are so nice!

Thanks so much--

You can't hatch eggs from the grocery store. They are not fertile. You have to buy fertile eggs from someone that has a rooster like a farmer or another byc.

Back
Top Bottom