The Incubator Thread

I just lost a roo and took 3 eggs from the fridge,I believe he fertilized put under a broody.

this is the roo Blue Isbar, breed with this hen

Isbar/leg bar so they will be 3/4 isbar

this is my broody. she is a chick from a bantam bin marked EE but she lays tan eggs. I really wanted to have fertile eggs with the above roo and this hen. He only produced about 2 babies that I Know of so I don't know if these are even fertile.
Sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
He was a beautiful boy. I hope the eggs are fertile and give you some babies. Also, that bottom hen is GORGEOUS. Would love an EE that color. Some EE's do lay brown eggs rather than blue or green. If both parents have the brown egg gene, then some of the offspring will get only brown, and lay a brown egg.

The Isbar has pale green eggs and the legbar has blue egg gene. The bottom hen is not the mom just the sitter she cannot change genes.

Last edited:
Hi! I just bought a used GQF incubator...everything on it works great but it is very dirty...& it STINKS!! How should I go about cleaning this beauty? It even has some dobber nests in it...any info would be greatly appreciated...:)

Hey, i am getting an incubator as my birthday present in six months (Its very long
he.gif
) I have always wanted and incubator and now my mother hasd finally agreed!! Well it is a SureHatch model SH560!! Here is the description~!!

Production Capacity:

Produce 600 Chicks Per Month
Egg Types:

Chicken, Quail, Duck, Guinea Fowl, Parrot, Pheasant
Item In Stock:

YES!
Exported to:

Worldwide
Setting Capacity

360 Eggs
Hatching Capacity

200 Eggs​
Ideal egg incubator for a breeder looking to start a small to medium scale poultry business
The Surehatch SH560 is our best selling medium-sized egg incubator. It is widely used by hobbyists, poultry breeders, farmers and entrepreneurs who seek to hatch eggs. You can also use the SH560 Combo as a starting point for your new poultry business. It can provide you with a steady income by selling the day old chicks that you produce. You will get an exceptionally good return on investment with this incubator.
The Surehatch SH560 can hatch up to 600 chickens per month. The Surehatch SH560 is regarded as one of the best-value-for-money and most advanced egg incubators available on the market.
You need very little space to use this incubator - it can even be placed on a small table. The Surehatch SH560 Egg Incubator is a durable and user friendly incubator that will give you excellent incubation results and many years of service!
How to get great incubation resutls
Specifications: Surehatch SH560 Egg Incubator
  • Ac-Q-Temp™ Highly Accurate DIGITAL Temperature Control
  • Easy-Flow
    2122.png
    Humidity Control
  • Siemens Automatic Egg Turner
  • Lightning/Surge Protectors and Auto Reset Fuses
  • Extra Large Clear-View
    2122.png
    Observation Window
  • Incubator made of Ultra Durable, Water Resistant DURABOARD
  • Tru-Temp
    2122.png
    Thermometer and Hygrometer
  • Opti-Flow
    2122.png
    Specialized High Volume Incubator Fan
  • Maxi-Heat
    2122.png
    Energy Saving Incubator Heating System
  • Incubator can retain heat for 3 to 6 hours after power outage
  • Incubator is mounted on wheels —can be moved around with ease
  • Internal Light for observing the insides of the incubator
  • Medical Grade Anti-Bacterial Inner Coating for better hatch rates
  • Full Incubation Instructions Included
  • 2 Year Guarantee on all parts
  • Dimensions: 70 cm High x 80 cm Deep x 105 cm Wide
  • Weight: 62 Kg

Anyway, i have nevert ever had an incubator before so i thought it would be nice to join this thread so that i can learn more about them!! And i will probably have queastions when i get too!!

Thanks for the response. I cleaned with vinegar & h2o but it still stinks (like dead animals)..so i'm gonna do bleach water..hope it works....

The bleach didn't work either. It's clean but still has a horrible smell. Anyone have any ideas on what I can use for the smell?

Back
Top Bottom