The Incubator Thread

Probably need to increase the temp a few tenths for the next hatch, but you are close. Good Luck!!

Might have to next time. Here is the chick pecking away.

I upped the humidity from 65%to 70%. Cannot wait to see what else hatches in the morning!

I just made 2 diff kinds of mini incubators using 7 w bulb heating them up a day and seeing what I think.

the one to the left is a small box the one to the right is a foldger's coffee tub.
How many eggs does both of these nifty incubators hold?

The one with the round window will hold 4 small chicken eggs and 3 lg, I have not tested the other one, I would guess 4 eggs though...Currently heating them up 24 hrs...

If they hold 102 temp they will both get 3 eggs.

Last edited:
That first long thermometer is what I use. It took me looking at 8 different stores and a month to get 4 that read the exact same. I like those type.

The first thermometer is in a box incubator, which is like my other box incubators, just smaller with small wattage. It holds exact heat
Heat is on one end, so I would not fill whole bos with eggs, and I don't like eggs to touch walls. these are small eggs...I was going to put in 3 but decided to wait until I am not busy...

I am not pleased with the coffee tub, the round themometer was reading right but the bowl the eggs were in got too hot, I would put down the quilt next time...

The first thermometer is in a box incubator, which is like my other box incubators, just smaller with small wattage. It holds exact heat
Heat is on one end, so I would not fill whole bos with eggs, and I don't like eggs to touch walls. these are small eggs...I was going to put in 3 but decided to wait until I am not busy...

I am not pleased with the coffee tub, the round themometer was reading right but the bowl the eggs were in got too hot, I would put down the quilt next time...

Are you going to use these for lockdown as well? Very interesting!!!
caf.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom