The Incubator Thread

I will name the yellow Fowler, and the brown Fiona. They started in an incubator. 5 with, 7 other eggs due one week later. All eggs were from other farms.

, a forest fire took out power.

I put them under a non-broody hen who then went broody because of the eggs.

someone ate 2 of the eggs messing all the eggs with yolk. out of that bunch(11) I saved 5 eggs. 2 above 3 due next week.

I put these under a hen yesterday and the ones below under a diff. hen all are from diff farm's fridges.. so mystery chicks

Last edited:

today's birds. not related to other eggs.
Hooray for babies!!!!
woot.gif

I have an incubator issue.

I have an incubator by farm innovations with a turner. I ran it for three days to get the temperature dialed in and I measure the temp with a 12" glass thermometer that I believe is accurate. I also have a acurite brand thermometer with humidity that I did the salt water test and is was right on at 75%.

I bought two sets of eggs from two sources (26 eggs) and had them shipped to me. when they arrived (2 days) I allowed them to rest 12 hrs at room temp big end up and then set them in the incubator big end up. the incubator has ran at 99 degrees and 55-65% humidity for 14 days. at the 14 day mark I candled them with an LED flashlight makeshift candler and I see no evidence of a chick development in any egg.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Question. How does everyone time the hatch dates and lockdown? I found a reptile hatch App for android. I have used Google calendar. Just wondering how it might help with records. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom