The Incubator Thread

Just hatched today!

Hello everyone....

I want to built 3000 quail egg incubator due to lack of fund.... can anyone help me by sharing their design or any design from internet....

I will be very thankfull

Hello everyone....

I want to built 3000 quail egg incubator due to lack of fund.... can anyone help me by sharing their design or any design from internet....

I will be very thankfull

There are tons of homemade incubators in this forum. Use the search bar at the top of the page.

hi.... i have seen it... but if there is some standard design which has a high fertility result.... then please share with me...

would love some advice if anyone is willing to be in contact with me. I may have a few more questions in these next couple of days. It's my first time hatching chicks and using an incubator. It's day 15 and we never did any candling. Should we candle today? There are 38 eggs in there, and I'd rather not candle now in fear of fluctuating the temperature and humidity too much. I was thinking of just smelling each egg to recognize the bad ones. I know it can be dangerous to leave bad eggs in there, correct?
URL]

would love some advice if anyone is willing to be in contact with me. I may have a few more questions in these next couple of days. It's my first time hatching chicks and using an incubator. It's day 15 and we never did any candling. Should we candle today? There are 38 eggs in there, so it's pretty full, and I'd rather not candle now in fear of fluctuating the temperature and humidity too much. I was thinking of just smelling each egg to recognize the bad ones. I know it can be dangerous to leave bad eggs in there, correct? Any help is appreciated!

Candling your eggs will not not disrupt the temp too much. Taking the lid off the incubator would be just like mother hen leaving the nest to eat, drink and poop everyday. My incubator has a cool down feature where I can set it to turn the heat off for a set amount of time each day to replicate the hen leaving the nest. There have been studies into this and better hatch rates were found to have occurred with having the daily cooling. Once the lid is back on the humidity should build up again, don't be scared to candle your eggs. It's far better to do this rather than having one explode and ruining your viable eggs.

Good luck with your eggs :fl

Candling your eggs will not not disrupt the temp too much. Taking the lid off the incubator would be just like mother hen leaving the nest to eat, drink and poop everyday. My incubator has a cool down feature where I can set it to turn the heat off for a set amount of time each day to replicate the hen leaving the nest. There have been studies into this and better hatch rates were found to have occurred with having the daily cooling. Once the lid is back on the humidity should build up again, don't be scared to candle your eggs. It's far better to do this rather than having one explode and ruining your viable eggs.

Good luck with your eggs :fl

How nice of you to reply with that advice, and also so promptly! Thank you very much!

So it's day 21, and there are 35 eggs in there! Can't believe that many of them looked healthy when I candled on day 18 but, then again, our neighbor had 7 roosters around his 25 hens (that's where our eggs came from). I haven't noticed any pipping or rocking. Fingers crossed we don't miss too much action tonight when we go to dinner for my husband's birthday! I know, what timing! Setting up the brooder now. And everyone is in agreement that we shouldn't remove the chicks that hatch and dry until most or all the chicks are hatched? I understand they will have food for up to 3 days from the yolk.
[/IMG][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom