The journey starts for the cracked egg

Not blunt, very useful info. Thank you!!

Like I said she’s younge I wasn’t sure if she was rolling them out or accidentally rolling them out. Clearly all roll outs have been chicks as I have marked the eggs. It is cold here in Canada. Our nights are in the negetives now. If I had left the roll outs all along we wouldn’t have had any chicks I’m sure. In the future I am going to candle as directed and ensure well before hatching that the nest is secure to avoid roll outs = less handling.

As always all advice and friendly constructive criticism is welcome :)

I’d rather learn then learn through error as with this poor chick.

Thanks again!

It is likely not to hatch, but with a small hole in the in the shell over the aircell may. (Hand slipped when candling. See, I'm not perfect, but I was also not the one holding the egg.)
I put tape over it, because I'm clumsy and the candle was was just making a mess.
Anyways, that one hatched, no assistance. ALL OF THE EASTER EGGERS HATCHED, and so there is a chance, it just gets smaller if the egg was cracked earlier in incubation. Or if the crack is larger.

Thank you! It’s nice (for lack of better words) to hear I’m not the only one making mistakes over here ‍♀️♀️

Back
Top Bottom