The Joys of Owning Imported Orpingtons

Your rooster is beautiful. I have just started raising four roosters and four hens. It is my first time with the Orpingtons. I do not have any buffs. Will the rooters get along together? I have had them since chicks, and did not know the sexes. I have the birds in my backyard. I have not had chickens for a few years and missed them. So, I am glad I have them again. These birds are so beautiful.

Your rooster is beautiful. I have just started raising four roosters and four hens. It is my first time with the Orpingtons. I do not have any buffs. Will the rooters get along together? I have had them since chicks, and did not know the sexes. I have the birds in my backyard. I have not had chickens for a few years and missed them. So, I am glad I have them again. These birds are so beautiful.

Wow. Normally Orpingtons aren't my style, but these guys are magnificent
smile.png
. Too bad I only have enough space for banties and maybe a couple small standards.
Welcome to the Forum, glad ur with us. The Roos are nice.

Welcome to the forum. Roosters that are raised together will establish pecking order and will be fine. If you want to keep all the roo's you might consider taking 3 out d/t overloading the Hens with breaking behavior on down the road or just get you some more Hens.
Vivi

English Lavender Orpington babies. 7 out of 9 shipped fertile eggs.

Vivi

wow those are nice Viv!!!
thumbsup.gif

everyone at my place is on strike so i can't do a test hatch with the new to me sportsman :(
i wanted to order up some of those French meat bird hatching eggs (you know the ones)
but i want to do a test hatch 1st before i throw $70 out the window

pig

Back
Top Bottom