The Kentucky Coop project has begun

Quote:
That is what Cheyenne said when she came home from school. I never told her I ordered it or anything so she came walkign up the road and said "MOM WHOA is it for me?" LOL

thumbsup.gif
nice looking coop!
clap.gif

Quote:
That is what Cheyenne said when she came home from school. I never told her I ordered it or anything so she came walkign up the road and said "MOM WHOA is it for me?" LOL

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
That's too cute!! Was she jealous when she learned it was for the birds?

DH threatens to kick me out and make me live with my birds.
He also tells out-of-town friends to come visit, they can stay in our 'cabin'.
He's such a clown
roll.png

Our coop shed has a loft about 4' deep on one end and one side. It forms the ceiling above the inner coop space, so that we didn't have to run chicken wire to the roof. It not only makes a good storage space, but we hung a tarp across the rest of the shed this winter to hold down heat. Now the tarp is gone and heat can rise to the peak again.
And the loft is a great place to store cat carriers, dog crates, bundles of bedding, etcetera.

Sounds like your pens will be too big for a loft, though. But for my showbirds I gotta know who's shagging who, and I have bantams, so 5 small pens maximizes my own bird capacity.

DH is planning to put a fan into the larger vent we installed in the peak at one end. It will blow air out and draw fresh air in through the 5 pop doors. He's currently digging the trench to run power out to the shed, since our subdivision has no power lines and we like it that way. He'll put a junction box by the raised garden beds, and then 'plant' the line the rest of the way to the house. So I will eventually have power in the coop without the big orange cord running through the yard!

Back
Top Bottom