The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

yeah but they're only 8 weeks

20% i'm going out now to buy wrap and possibly a lower protein food but the feathers stick out i couldn't get a good picture. pepper like to move around a lot

edit: i bought wrap but i couldn't buy a food that has less protein

To cut the protein add oats- i beleive my duck book says 25% raw oats to 75% feed
20% is pretty high.
I think My book says 15-17 % till 10 weeks old.
Too high protein can cause wing and leg deformities

Last edited:
To cut the protein add oats- i beleive my duck book says 25% raw oats to 75% feed
20% is pretty high.
I think My book says 15-17 % till 10 weeks old.
Too high protein can cause wing and leg deformities

yeah i'm going to tsc to get the dumor finisher which is 15% when i can

this is a better picture of his wing

Oh yep, darn it.
I would get that wrapped asap.
And definatley get the protein lowered right away.
Are you adding niacin too?

i wrapped it last night but it got it off so i have to rewrap it. the earliest i can get food is this weekend. i went yesterday and they had everything but what i needed
i haven't been supplementing niacin because i was unsure if i got the right one. i posted a thread about it and no one got back to me

i wrapped it last night but it got it off so i have to rewrap it. the earliest i can get food is this weekend. i went yesterday and they had everything but what i needed
i haven't been supplementing niacin because i was unsure if i got the right one. i posted a thread about it and no one got back to me

What kind did you get?

I was surprised with these by my Uncle this last Saturday. I can only guess, three of what I think are Penkin and three maybe Khaki Campbell. One of the Khaki is twice as large, maybe it was a leftover from the previous shipment.
As seen in the photo I have chicks. I'm making due and trying to keep them all happy.

My biggest worry though is..when will the males attempt to find a female?
From what I've read so far.. They're deadly to hens until they have a mate. I would rather separate them before I have any accidents.

Thanks for any and all responses!

You won't need to worry for several months, and possibly not until next spring. Do you know how many males you have? If you only have 6 ducks, you don't want more than one of them to be a drake.

Has anyone's KC's panted when put outside?! Mine are out for their first time today and will not move to the shade but are panting like crazy. Will they overheat? They have their food and plenty of water plus a kiddie pool. Since its their first day out I'm hoping they'll figure out how to get in.

Hi! im quit new to this thread and to ducks but i had just gotten some Khaki Campbells last winter and they are just lovely! a bit shy but thats alright. were incubating some pekin and khaki eggs right now and are expected to hatch this Thursday! but until then here are the khaki parents.

Back
Top Bottom