The LAST batch... Videos added, check out #10 and #25 :)

Quote:
Help Help Help!
gig.gif

We wanna see what colors are hideing in those eggs!
pop.gif

I woke up to 4 more keets, so that's 7 now. (I moved the little Pied Brown keet over to a brooder with a mirror, starter feed, water and a lamp cuz he was peeping his lungs out for hours, so he's not in this pic). 3 Pied Pearl Greys, 2 Lavenders and looks like a pure White
smile.png

moreofthelasthatch.jpg

The biggest egg in there has a pretty large hole pipped in it but the keet looks dead this morning, it doesn't move or peep when I shine the flashlight thru the egg or tap on the shell
hmm.png
(a Pearl Grey). It's still in there, I haven't taken it out to open it and see what might have happened. Looks like he was too big and died while trying to zip tho. Prolly got stuck cuz it's a big keet, he looks kinda upside down (normally I woulda helped, but... well not this time).

There are 2 more eggs left that look like they may possibly still hatch, but they may have been late quitters, they aren't even pipped. They were dark, with slanted aircells when I moved them over to the hatcher, but I haven't candled to look for movement or internal pipping in them since then. It's only day 27 so I'll wait them out. And I can tell that the other 2 eggs I thought were probably duds (quitters), aren't gonna hatch.

I was hopeful for at least 6 keets, so I'm perfectly happy with 7 if that's all that hatch.

Back
Top Bottom