The last egg? Is it dead?

_ADM_

Chirping
Jan 14, 2022
So have had a really bad hatch and lost 17 out of 18 eggs but the last one might be gone to. So the last egg has very visible blood vessels, like blood vessels at day 16-18 but it has not changed for 3 days, no growth of them or the embryo. I can't see any movement (I havent looked to hard for movement tbh) but there is no blood ring to indicate death and they havent collapsed.

Any idea if its still alive? I will try to get photos.
Thanks

So have had a really bad hatch and lost 17 out of 18 eggs but the last one might be gone to. So the last egg has very visible blood vessels, like blood vessels at day 16-18 but it has not changed for 3 days, no growth of them or the embryo. I can't see any movement (I havent looked to hard for movement tbh) but there is no blood ring to indicate death and they havent collapsed.

Thanks
Candle, & tap. Tapping may cause it to move if alive.

Thanks
Don't lose hope, still try to incubate, it never hurts to still try, unless your sure its dead

Don't lose hope, still try to incubate, it never hurts to still try, unless your sure its dead
It was on day 24 and I could still see blood vessels, the egg was under a hen. I opened the egg up and found the chick formed upto day 16-18 but the blood vessels had dried to the egg shell

Back
Top Bottom