Day 30 duck egg (not muscovy) no internal pip

FluffyDucky123

Chirping
Jul 21, 2022
Today is day 30 for this little duckling. It still has not internally pipped yet, and I'm a bit worried. The other eggs in the incubator hatched normally (one pipped the wrong end). However, this egg did not. I candled it to see if it was still alive, and I saw that the blood cells were a little bit...clumped. There is a lot of blood vessels on one side of the egg, however, one the other side there is non. There is little movement in the egg. I'll post a pic as soon as possible. Please help! Should I assist?? I want to know if it will survive or not. :)

*this is my first post! :)*

Today is day 30 for this little duckling. It still has not internally pipped yet, and I'm a bit worried. The other eggs in the incubator hatched normally (one pipped the wrong end). However, this egg did not. I candled it to see if it was still alive, and I saw that the blood cells were a little bit...clumped. There is a lot of blood vessels on one side of the egg, however, one the other side there is non. There is little movement in the egg. I'll post a pic as soon as possible. Please help! Should I assist?? I want to know if it will survive or not. :)

Welcome to byc! It may be malpositioned, so it can't make an internal pip. Is there a bruise on the egg anywhere? Can you see where its beak is when candling? If there is movement, it is alive. Also, the blood might look clumped because the egg is full.
If it is malpositioned, you will need to make a safety hole where you think the beak is - (there is usually a bruise). Good luck!

Has the egg showed any sign of pipping? I agree with @chelseachook , the clumping veins are probably just because the egg is full. Can you post a photo of the egg being candled? That would make it way easier.

Can you post a video of candling
First post to YouTube then put link here
Or post some pics of candling
There may have been a cool spot in your bator causing a delay or something is wrong
I just had one hatch day 34 when all others hatched day 27-28’
Unfortunately it couldn’t absorb the yolk. It was green and thick it passed away shortly after
I never advise assisting an egg that hasn’t shown signs of hatching as it’s clearly not ready ti hatch
Beak in air cell longer then 24 hours I make tiny safety hole size of my tac pin
Bruise on the egg I make the same safety hole

Hey guys! Im sorry if I haven't been replying :(. The egg didn't make it... i guess he malpositioned. I tried making a safety hole, but i guess that didn't work, cause the beak wasn't near the air cell so the liquid would just leak out. Anyway, thank you guys for all the advice you gave me :). You guys are so helpful and kind!! ♥️

Hey guys! Im sorry if I haven't been replying :(. The egg didn't make it... i guess he malpositioned. I tried making a safety hole, but i guess that didn't work, cause the beak wasn't near the air cell so the liquid would just leak out. Anyway, thank you guys for all the advice you gave me :). You guys are so helpful and kind!! ♥️
Oh no :(. Best wishes for the other ducklings

I’m sorry to hear that

Back
Top Bottom