The leg line?

Those legs are so orange! Lol. If they're like Leghorns where the legs get paler as they go through the laying season, it would be interesting to see what her legs look like later!
Oh that's interesting! I had a few Leghorns last summer but I gave them away so I never knew their legs got paler. Her eggs are going to be huge-her first one is almost normal size instead of one of those pullet golf balls I usually see. No beginning glitches either, just a perfect brown egg.

Cool! Big eggs are the best!
Apparently in the Leghorns it's the carotenoids from certain foods that end up in the legs and then color the yolks until their legs are empty of carrots.

Cool! Big eggs are the best!
Apparently in the Leghorns it's the carotenoids from certain foods that end up in the legs and then color the yolks until their legs are empty of carrots.
Crazy! I loved my Leghorns but they needed more space so they went to live at my mom's (which is where lots of my hens go to retire). I also raise chicks for her so I think it evens out lol. She loves them too and they have a lot more space there to be their flighty selves. I do miss having big white eggs. They really made the other colors in the basket pop haha

Back
Top Bottom