The leg line?

Maybe she isn't as cold?

At 16 (ish) weeks it's a bit early for eggs but she looks pretty close.
That was my thought about the comb and waddles as well but they are also bigger than the others. Plus there is the difference in neck feathering. I want it to be a pullet I really do but I am getting that feeling I always get when a pullet turns out to be a cockerel. But I have never had this breed before so I don't have a lot of confidence. My husband went to the feed store with the kid and came home with these little nuggets.

I too think it is a cockerel. But it could go the other way, however, if I have ever thought to myself, 'wait, is that a cockerel?' have I ever gotten a pullet, whereas, I have more than once thought I had a pullet only one day to think...wait? nope I am not getting eggs from that one.

I don't know what the red is called, but years ago, when I first noticed it and wrote here about it, I was told 'that is the sap rising in the spring!"

I too think it is a cockerel. But it could go the other way, however, if I have ever thought to myself, 'wait, is that a cockerel?' have I ever gotten a pullet, whereas, I have more than once thought I had a pullet only one day to think...wait? nope I am not getting eggs from that one.

I don't know what the red is called, but years ago, when I first noticed it and wrote here about it, I was told 'that is the sap rising in the spring!"
If it is a cockerel he has a home and he has three weeks to let me know haha

Back
Top Bottom