The Legbar Thread!

My 11 year old daughter came home from camp. I showed her the first of the Legbar eggs. She yells at me! "why are these in the fridge"!!!! She goes out to the coop and there is the latest egg. She grabs it, sticks it under her armpit and says this one is going in the incubator! Just as I am contemplating how I am going to hatch one egg :( , it falls and has a crack. And that is that.
funny story.

I put three fertile Isbar eggs under my first cream Legbar broody tonight. She's been on the nest for almost three days. I think she is serious. Picture tomorrow.

Also I posted this bowl of eggs earlier today. The photo was taken on auto shoot. My hens are laying a beautiful powder blue or some say sky blue egg. There are some contrasting colors in the photo that pop the blue up a tad. There's the dark Welsummer and Cuckoo Maran eggs below, the bluish grey tones in the bowl, the weathered grey tone wood, and the dark green blackberry brambles below. Thanks for the compliments, but I'm guessing my eggs are mostly similar to others. I looked at blackbirds13 eggs and I'm thinking they're close to what mine would look like in an incubator. The blue of the cream legbar eggs is so elusive to photo, but oh so pretty!

Back
Top Bottom