The Legbar Thread!

Good Morning Everyone:

The Cream Legbar Club is having its Second Club Meeting for the year today. It has come to my attention that several members have not received their meeting invites so I thought I'd post the invite for anyone who would like to join us today (1 PM Pacific)

The agenda is:
1) Welcome
2) New SOP draft to be released (Kestlyn
Penley)
3) Breeder’s Handbook is being written to answer basic questions that keep coming up (Kathy
Kinsel Chair)
4) Summary of the APA approval process
and a vote from the Club on whether we invite non-club members to sign affidavits or if you need to be a Club (Kestlyn and Michael)
5) Virtual Poultry Show –August or September (Tony Markley coordinator)
6) Second Annual Egg Contest (Kestlyn
Penley)
7)Interview with Michael about his Rose Comb Project

The invitation:

You have been invited to a join.me online meeting

Join the meeting: https://join.me/creamlegbarclub

On a computer, use any browser with Flash. Nothing to download.
On a phone or tablet, launch the join.me app and enter meeting code: creamlegbarclub

Join the audio conference:
Dial a phone number and enter access code, or connect via internet.

By phone:
United States - Atlanta, GA +1.404.801.3225
United States - Camden, DE +1.302.202.5900
United States - Detroit, MI +1.734.746.0035
United States - Hartford, CT +1.860.970.0010
United States - Los Angeles, CA +1.213.226.1066
United States - New York, NY +1.646.307.1990
United States - San Francisco, CA +1.415.655.0381
United States - Saugus, MA +1.781.666.2350
United States - Tampa, FL +1.813.769.0500
United States - Washington, DC +1.202.602.1295
Access Code 590-638-471#

Other international numbers available

By computer via internet:
Join the meeting, click the phone icon and select 'Call via internet'. A small download might be required.

Start time by time zones
Thanks dr.

Just as an FYI -- the Cream Legbar Club meeting is open to full members of the Club -- associate members can pick up the recording later once it is in the Clubhouse. Hope to see a good member turnout this after noon.

Good Morning Everyone:

The Cream Legbar Club is having its Second Club Meeting for the year today. It has come to my attention that several members have not received their meeting invites so I thought I'd post the invite for anyone who would like to join us today (1 PM Pacific)

The agenda is:
1) Welcome
2) New SOP draft to be released (Kestlyn
Penley)
3) Breeder’s Handbook is being written to answer basic questions that keep coming up (Kathy
Kinsel Chair)
4) Summary of the APA approval process
and a vote from the Club on whether we invite non-club members to sign affidavits or if you need to be a Club (Kestlyn and Michael)
5) Virtual Poultry Show –August or September (Tony Markley coordinator)
6) Second Annual Egg Contest (Kestlyn
Penley)
7)Interview with Michael about his Rose Comb Project

The invitation:

You have been invited to a join.me online meeting

Join the meeting: https://join.me/creamlegbarclub

On a computer, use any browser with Flash. Nothing to download.
On a phone or tablet, launch the join.me app and enter meeting code: creamlegbarclub

Join the audio conference:
Dial a phone number and enter access code, or connect via internet.

By phone:
United States - Atlanta, GA +1.404.801.3225
United States - Camden, DE +1.302.202.5900
United States - Detroit, MI +1.734.746.0035
United States - Hartford, CT +1.860.970.0010
United States - Los Angeles, CA +1.213.226.1066
United States - New York, NY +1.646.307.1990
United States - San Francisco, CA +1.415.655.0381
United States - Saugus, MA +1.781.666.2350
United States - Tampa, FL +1.813.769.0500
United States - Washington, DC +1.202.602.1295
Access Code 590-638-471#

Other international numbers available

By computer via internet:
Join the meeting, click the phone icon and select 'Call via internet'. A small download might be required.

Start time by time zones
I did receive my invite last night, however prior engagements might prevent me from attending. I am not sure whose responsibility is this, however it seems like the invite always falls through the cracks. In case they are busy with other more demanding activities, they should probably resign from this assignment at the CCL so that someone else can be designated to do so.

Last edited:
I took a picture of a robins nest. The blue reminds me of how I wish I can find a chicken that lays this dark blue egg... I wish my legbars layed this deep blue or even 6 shades lighter.... Anyone with eggs that are this close to color?.

Last edited:

Here is an updated pic of my oldest rose combed legbar cockerel. He has the highest tail of all the males so far but I'm thinking it will get lower as it fills in. Not a perfect comb but I have some better looking pullets to balance it out

Sunny, my main rooster is throwing three colors of chicks this year, with his hens, based on down - dark gray - brown - and yellowish. The dark gray are currently showing the best barring and less color as they grow out. The brown boys, look like they are going to be colored like Sunny and the yellows ... Are all over the board. Now I have to work on knowing exactly which combination of hens is creating this mix. His tail and legs are fading a bit with age. I have 2 other Roosters that are getting their Rooster colors. Sunny is such a perfect "flock rooster" I almost hope none turn out better than Sunny. ;)

Just had my worst hatch in terms of male to female ratio. I got 8 cockerels and only 1 pullet. So far I've only had one hatch with more pullets than cockerels and many more where I have almost twice as many cockerels as pullets. So weird...

Back
Top Bottom