the little tiny chicken legs????

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by the3ofus+oursixchicks, Dec 31, 2012.

1. the3ofus+oursixchicks

the3ofus+oursixchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    Hello all, I raise my chickens as pets. I was thinking about those little tiny drumsticks you buy in the grocery store and was wondering where they come from? If they are drumsticks how are they so tiny? Just curious [​IMG]

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I have never seen tiny drum sticks. [​IMG]

Or are you talking about the kind that come with the wings?

3. aoxa

[​IMG]

Does this help? It's called a drumette. It's part of the wing :D Didn't know that. Learn something knew every day. Never even thought about it before you mentioned that.

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    drumette - [​IMG] learned something today!

5. aoxa

Same here! Never thought about it before, did you? [​IMG]

6. TamTurkey

TamTurkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    Many people think they are little legs don't feel silly. Guess they would be considered the biceps lol I only know because I make wings that are so good it'll make you slap a Hooters girl :)

7. aoxa

[​IMG]

8. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I used to call them "little legs" when I was a little kid.. but that was well before "hot wings" were popular.. at the time wings were considered to be junk meat... [​IMG]

So are you just going to temp us with thoughts of your "wings that are so good it'll make you slap a Hooters girl"?... or are you gonna let us in on the recipe? [​IMG]

9. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    [​IMG]

Waiting for the recipe.....

[​IMG]

Drooling into my keyboard in anticipation.....got 3 bags full of wings in the freezer waiting for something GREAT to try them on....this may be it! BUT WHERE IS THE RECIPE?!!!

Please post it! Thank you. Sorry for shouting there....just getting hungry and fiesty.

10. TamTurkey

TamTurkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    Lmao. I suck at recipes. Gimme until tomorrow to give you better details. I'm a dash here a pinch there, taste it and then throw in more. Basically cut up the wings discard the tips. Batter and fry like you would fried chicken I use buttermilk and egg then season my flour with tonys or slap your ninja the sauce is a stick of butter, garlic and pepper, and louisianna hot sauce. Heat until butter is melted. Splash on the wings. Add cayanne for more heat or habenero if you truely want flames with your morning bowel movement.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by