The love childen's Adventures...sad update

love.gif

aren't roos a kick??

Update the love child Leon has learned to be a real gentleman when we were handing out bread yesterday he would take a piece then start making his noise for "I found food" and then drop the bread for his ladies, he has romanced both of the barred rocks and is working on the last 2 girls of the flock the BO's and he seems to be winning their little chicken hearts by finding such good food. I never knew how much I missed having a rooster until I got Leon and now I know I will never be without a rooster again. he is so sweet to his ladies and he does not try to be mean to the humans now the 4 legged fury rooster are another story he is straightening them out on who is the top rooster.

Well today Leon decided that he was going to dance for the human lady who opens the gates and brings treats, when he tried to pet him he bit her hand so she picked him up and carried him for a bit, he was not at all happy about that and when the builder of things came out he tried to dance for the lady again but the big guy (builder) would not let him and chase the poor little rooster out of his shed, and hugged the lady the poor little rooster is just so confused as why the lady is not impressed with his dance, not that he needs another lady he has 14 okay 4 of them are young only 3 months old but still the human lady should be grateful that the little rooster likes her so much, he is differently getting braver and it is so funny. has anyone else had this happen with their rooster.

Glad to hear that Leon Jr. is doing so well...Tyson (another love child - Leon's brother - for those of you who do not know) is just the same romancer...they two are probably twins (can chickens be twins?) Looks like your feathery family is keeping you busy. Love reading his stories.

Considering that both of those boys are Leroy's children, could you expect anything less of them in the romance department? They have some Wyandotte sisters who are the product of Leroy's romantic talent—those Wyandotte mamas are BIG girls!

Now if I could just get Scooter to exhibit some of Leroy's prowess—I set 18 white bantam cochin eggs last week and every one of them was a dud! Gonna have to do some more butt trimming. . . .

well Leon got carried around the yard so he has decided to leave the featherless female to the builder of things and has been romancing the feathered girls and I think Leon and Tyson are twins they look so much a like its funny. I love listening to Leon when he crows and when he finds good food and calls the girls it is so cool. he has been checking out and making sure that the new nest boxes are acceptable for his girls having a rooster is so much fun. 4cats3kids1hubby2many is you would like to post any funny stories about Tyson you can post them here we will have the adventures of the love children lol. it should be great.

Quote:
Thanks Schellie69: I will make sure and do. We love Tyson...we have changed Sara's name to Hannah....Just one day she looked at me and told me that Sara just did not fit her and she should be Hannah...I swear she winked at me. Either that or I had 1 too many glasses of wine.
woot.gif

Today, my cat Zach thought he would stock the 13 girls (Hannah and 12 BR girls)...there was some cackling and all girls ran to "higher ground" and bunched up. Tyson stood his ground....he was so brave. I had been watching Zach and I knew that Zach was just playing and meant nothing real...I didnt want to deflate Tyson's ego, so I didn't bother to tell him. Zach walked off and Tyson went strutting up to his harem, I swear he was flexing his wings (like my boys do with their arms to show off to the girls) and saying something like..."See ladies, told you I could take care of it." They followed him off to another part of the yard...they are gullable.

Aren't Leon and Tyson just gorgeous...I tell him he is a pretty boy all the time. Mrs.Chicikendad says that he is a tough guy, even though he is wearing slippers (Leon wears slippers too). LOL

yep he is my only feathered feet chicken, I love my rooster he is so cool he takes good care of the girls. its funny when I let them out to free range in the morning the girls have food on their brains and Leon has something totally different going through that chicken brain of his lol he dances and everything but the girls just want to get the food in the yard. Leon has filled out since I got him and he will take the bread we give him and drop it and cluck for the girls to come over it is so cute I tell him everyday that he is a hansom rooster I love his crowing its so cool.

Back
Top Bottom