The love childen's Adventures...sad update

Here is Zach the cat....actually I was lying on the ground trying to take some good pictures of the chickens and he came over to me to get lovin'. But this is Zach the Cat, Tyson, Leon's brother, and Hannah.
56740_chickens_030.jpg

Tyson (Leon's brother) and Hannah
56740_chickens_019.jpg

Tyson checking out the "competition"
56740_chickens_036.jpg

Pretty picture of the a few of the 12 LIl' Girls
56740_chickens_040.jpg

Its so amazing how much Tyson and Leon look alike, Leon has settled in nicely here and is doing well I just love watching him find food for the girls and the way he is always watching for danger he is just the best thank you Mrs Chickendad for allowing me to have him he is the final piece to my flock.

Quote:
I agree, thank you Mrs. Chickendad. Schellie69: As you were saying - I love to hear Tyson crow...he is a good boy and does such a good job with the girls....finds a goody, calls in the girls and hands it over to the girls. I love your stories regarding Leon...keep them coming, Leon and Tyson are just identical.

Tyson and Leon's mama is now sitting on a clutch of 8 eggs! She has help from "Aunt Frizzie" who takes over as soon as she gets up. If "Aunt Frizzie" has slipped some of her own eggs in, we may have more love children . . . white rock bantam daddy, red frizzle cochin mama. . .

I bet those will be some cute babies, Leon is doing really well he has romanced both of the barred rocks and he is such a gentleman when it comes to food, but let me tell you first thing in the morning while the girls are thinking food Leon is thinking some totaly different it is so funny to watch him chase the girls I love him he is great.

Well things have been going well here Leon has been working really hard on being a great rooster he has de-throned the 4 legged hairy roosters except he allows then to guard the yard and if they bark he puts out the danger call and when he puts out the danger call the dogs go to finding what might be wrong peace rains in the back yard. the boarder patrol (DS's Cat) has been really good about making sure that other birds and animals stay out of the yard and so far has not been hunting the chickens so this is good. got a picture of star my black star sex link my dog Chico and tops the cat asleep on the back porch together I will post the pictures as soon as i upload my phone pictures but I love watching Leon my DS mowed the front yard and brought the clippings back to the chickens and Leon started calling the girls over he has been busy with keeping the girls from fighting over the nest boxes and trying to help the lower members not get pecked by the older hens. he is still romancing the babies who are still to young to really understand but he now only has two of the big girls to go before he has romanced all the older hens. Blondie a BO and red the red star sex link so far they are not interested but he dances for them all the time and I think by the end of summer he will have them under his spell. he is really starting to fill out and become a grown up rooster. I have started adding ACV to their water boy does that make clean up easy no more algae to worry about. well hope everyone is having a good weekend. its rainy here but the silly chickens are out in the yard hunting worms.

Quote:
What is ACV? Does it just keep the algae down or is it good for the chickies too. Do you just dump the lawn clippings for the hens to pick through? That would be a good idea. I will have to start doing this...I know they will love it.

Tyson is also trying to romance the "baby" girls - who are at this point the same size as him. They are not at all interested (of course).

ACV is apple cider vinegar (use the organic "with mother) yes it keeps the algae out and also helps with being a preventive for worms. I am having to de-worm all the birds since I have found one that has them
he.gif
better to treat them all then one. Yes when my son mows the front yard he uses a bagger then brings it to the back and dumps it in different places it gives them something to do besides try to get at my plants in the garden and it is helping grow some grass in the back yard since the chickens have ate it all
gig.gif
on the ACV use 1-2 tablespoons per gallon of water I have a 3 gallon water bowl and I put 4 tablespoons in it seems to work on keeping the algae out. anything to make clean up quicker the chickens do not like to wait for anything. hope everyone had a great weekend.

Back
Top Bottom