The Magical, Wonderful, Whimsical, Handicapped Poop Coop!

There is a way you can put moss on a structure like that.
I think you collect moss, put it in the blender with buttermilk and paint that mixture where you want moss to grow. Keep it moist and shady for a week or so by spraying it with water, and the moss will start to grow where you painted on the buttermilk moss milkshake starter culture.

That might be a nice way to give mystery and magic to any shed. You could do the roof and walls.

Here is an bit more about propogating moss.
http://www.walterreeves.com/landscaping/article.phtml?cat=15&id=389

PS Another magical look is painting with 2 shades of wood stain. One color for the body and another color for the trim...maybe with a moss roof

Last edited:
That is so adorable! I woke my napping hubby up to show he that...he actually smiled and liked it after being woke up from his nap!
clap.gif

I've been looking at coops for weeks now - we got our chickens last month - and this is the best one I've seen. Great job!
clap.gif

Absolutely LOVE it!!!

Is it harder to built something purposefully crooked? A lot of times my square isn't so....square. But not so's you'd notice it without a measuring tape.

I know when I used to scrapbook I made sure I did all my lettering purposefully crooked, because I knew I'd never get it in a straight like.

Seems like purposefully crooked woodworking would be REALLY hard thought. More 'off' measurements and angles!

It reminds me of the Mad Hatter cake I want to make for my daughter's birthday (hopefully with our fresh eggs!) All catywampus!

Back
Top Bottom