The Mating And Breeding Of Poultry Thread!!!

Quote:
Dimorphic breeds when the desired color pattern of one sex does not transmit the desired color to the opposite sex. Tom

Is there a software where I can input the different breeds and figure out what the progeny would look like? For example if I cross a sebright with a bantam partridge Rock, or a silver pencilled rock? (for the kids) Should I use a male as the rock or the female as the rock, etc.? I want to be able to understand this but basically I am asking for a translator. Can I just throw a bunch of different chickens in together and let them get busy or is that going to ruin the birds making them bad layers or ugly? I don't really care about showing but rather creating a self-sustaining flock. Can I do this with about 16 birds or do I need more? I am thinking of getting a variety of wyndottes and a couple of delawares and autralorps but don't know what Rooster to keep. I am going to split my coop and run for bantams and standards, maybe or just keep one side for breeding and the other mixed. Basically I am not sure what I am doing and am trying to get more information to make a better decision. Thanks in advance for any educated answers. Or point me in the right direction and I will do the heavy reading.

Back
Top Bottom