The Middle Tennessee Thread

here is a thread explaining the experience I had going there the first and only time I will go.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-hollow-hatchery-chick-growth-chart-pic-heavy

I bought 24 chicks by the time they were 4 months I has lost half of them for unknown reason but summed it up to bad genetics due to too much inbreeding and now new blood introduced (sister x brother, son x mother etc.)

and they survivors never laid eggs like they should have. small eggs and maybe 3 eggs from each hen per week even though they we big laying breeds.

and I had my TSC chickens in the same house and they were perfectly healthy never lost one of those out of 32 chicks and they laid big eggs everyday.

yeah for broodies! I have been thinking to giving some of mine some babies to break them....just don't have room for them to have pens.

I did some major pen cleaning again today and moved some birds around and I have 2 extra pens.....on is going to house the white wyandottes and they will free up a breeding pen out back. I can grow out more birds out back. I am also about to break out a chicken tractor I have not used in a long time.

BTW I have a good number of coral blue guinea keets hatched.

Just a couple of pics of my replacement coop under construction.

It's 8x8 with a 3 ft porch. Walls are 7 ft in back 6 ft in front. The porch will be covered. I'm putting the nest boxes on the porch for easy access. So far I have around 25 dollars in this. I bought 1 piece of plywood & some nails. The walls are made from pallets & will be covered with a wood type siding. I think I can finish it next weekend if the weather holds out. :)

It's 8x8 with a 3 ft porch. Walls are 7 ft in back 6 ft in front. The porch will be covered. I'm putting the nest boxes on the porch for easy access. So far I have around 25 dollars in this. I bought 1 piece of plywood & some nails. The walls are made from pallets & will be covered with a wood type siding. I think I can finish it next weekend if the weather holds out. :)

how many chickens you gonna have in the dream coop? great job!

I am one of his SUPPLIERS so I just need to know so I can figure out what he is picking up at the end of the week. hehe
I can't see what's types justvignore some stuff please.

Last edited:
I am one of his SUPPLIERS so I just need tobknowbso I can figure out what he is picking up at the end of the week. hehe

If I go by 4 square ft per bird, 16 is my limit. I figure it'll hold double that. I had 7 in a 4x6 coop & they only used 1 roost & not all of it. I still had 7 more ft of roost left. I plan to make an area for broody's or new members. Also a spot for feed storage. I'll be sure to post pics when its done. Thanks for the compliments. :)

Last edited:
Impressive!

Back
Top Bottom