The Middle Tennessee Thread

I don't have pullets at POL, but i have blue and splash ameraucanas, easter eggers and buff orp chicks of assorted ages. I also have project olive eggers that hopefully will lay speckled olive eggs.

I have a few buff orps that are four weeks old, a herd that are a little over a week and another herd that are three days. On Ameraucanas I have a few that are a little over a week and a few that are three days.

The EEs are six weeks and four weeks.

PM me if you are interested. :)

Hey gang
At what age do you transition from finisher/grower to say layer pellets? I think I just bought enough to get me through there 16th week. So my next trip should I start adding layer to there food and increase it as we get closer to the 18 week mark?

well, I'll have to pass on the ameraucanas for now, too young to hassell with moving and all. Darn.

sad.png

Hey gang
At what age do you transition from finisher/grower to say layer pellets? I think I just bought enough to get me through there 16th week. So my next trip should I start adding layer to there food and increase it as we get closer to the 18 week mark?

I don't feed layer feed till I see an egg. You can offer calcium on the side if you want but no layer feed till they lay an egg in that pen. I would bay another back of the finisher or all flock and put calcium out.

Back
Top Bottom