The Middle Tennessee Thread

This has been a week of ups and downs. First on Monday my husband and I had to say goodbye to our wonderful 16 yr old Natasha a beautiful mixed breed we had for over 14 years. It broke our hearts to say farewell. However yesterday we learned we are going to be Great Aunt & Uncle for the first time and today a hen I thought had been eaten was found in our barn way back in the feed storage area sitting on a nest, wish her luck!!! Now we will be keeping fingers crossed for hubby's heart cath tomorrow and hope all goes well.

Does anyone have any barred rock pullets for sale, preferably at POL? I'm looking for 2-3.

My flock has unfortunately dwindled to 4 due to some persistent hawks. :(

Does anyone have any barred rock pullets for sale, preferably at POL? I'm looking for 2-3.

My flock has unfortunately dwindled to 4 due to some persistent hawks. :(
I don't have any near POL. I didn't hatch many over the summer. I am hatching some now for replacements for my birds come spring. Sorry I am no help.

I still have quite a few Marans of several colors for sale but no Barred Rocks

OH! Someone emailed me today looking for some Marans. I will send them your info if that is OK? I didn't hatch many of those either this summer. Worked on some projects mostly. I have a few replacements for me but that is it.

OH!  Someone emailed me today looking for some Marans.  I will send them your info if that is OK?  I didn't hatch many of those either this summer.  Worked on some projects mostly.  I have a few replacements for me but that is it.
OH!  Someone emailed me today looking for some Marans.  I will send them your info if that is OK?  I didn't hatch many of those either this summer.  Worked on some projects mostly.  I have a few replacements for me but that is it.

Please do!

Hey, y'all! I have a herd of 12 to 18 week old buff orps and olive Egger pullets available. Thought to tell y'all before posting on Craigslist. PM me if you are interested.
I also have a very few splash and blue true ameraucanas left.

I have a gorgeous Australorp cockerel that hatched around Easter and has been mounting the sole pullet he has access to. I checked her eggs for fertility and they have had a blastoderm. They have been in the introduction pen for 2 weeks and I'm releasing them with the other hens this weekend. He will be in a pen with blue Orpingtons, one blue Australorp, and 3 black Australorps. I would like to incubate some eggs to further test fertility but I'd like to know if I have potential buyers close by, I'm not NPIP at the moment so I can't ship.

I would keep any of the blue chicks right now for my breeding program, although I don't think my Orpingtons are laying yet. Blue always dilutes black, so any black chicks will obviously be purebred black Australorps with no Orpington genes even when they are laying. If anyone in middle TN is interested in chicks, please send me a pm.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom