The Middle Tennessee Thread

hey Shadow what part of Ok are you from. I'm from the nortrh eastern part.,been here about 11 years.
I am north of Nashville about 30 milesa.In Portland.

Heard great news this week,Ky has lifted the ban on poultry at auctions. That's great for those of us living near the stateline. The auctions the Mennonite's put on are a great place for us to sell and buy birds. ?Theu draw from such a huge area that there are usually a lot of really nice and quality birds of all kinds of breeds available.

Does anyone know of anyone raiseing Icelandic chickens? I know there are some in this part of the state because I sold some to a guy down in the Columbia area a few years ago. But I lost his info. Since they are such a varied looking breed ,if you weren t sure they were pure you would just think them crosses.
I am in the Oklahoma City area for the last 5 years. I'll be moving to the Waverly area of TN once I get there.

hey Shadow what part of Ok are you from. I'm from the nortrh eastern part.,been here about 11 years.
I am north of Nashville about 30 milesa.In Portland.

Heard great news this week,Ky has lifted the ban on poultry at auctions. That's great for those of us living near the stateline. The auctions the Mennonite's put on are a great place for us to sell and buy birds. ?Theu draw from such a huge area that there are usually a lot of really nice and quality birds of all kinds of breeds available.

Does anyone know of anyone raiseing Icelandic chickens? I know there are some in this part of the state because I sold some to a guy down in the Columbia area a few years ago. But I lost his info. Since they are such a varied looking breed ,if you weren t sure they were pure you would just think them crosses.

That may change quickly.... just had a new case of AI in Indian at a turkey farm. I thought the USDA had lifted all warning a few weeks ago but seems hear we go again.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/wps/port...r9gJWKCC2/?1dmy&urile=wcm:path:/aphis_content

welcome-byc.gif

Hi everyone
frow.gif
I'm from Estill Springs. It's between Tullahoma and Winchester. Are there any breeders in the area? I just bought a big new coop and I cant wait to buy some new chickens for it.

Hi SportTees. I'm jealous of your ducks. I had runners. One of my kids left the door open to the duck house and the coop one night and I almost lost them all. I only had a couple of hens and roosters left. I bought a big new coop now and I can't wait to get new chicks. I'm gonna wait on the ducks though.

Hi SportTees. I'm jealous of your ducks. I had runners. One of my kids left the door open to the duck house and the coop one night and I almost lost them all. I only had a couple of hens and roosters left. I bought a big new coop now and I can't wait to get new chicks. I'm gonna wait on the ducks though.

If your looking for a deal on an assortment of chicks and possibly other birds, Crackle has a good deal. All Ive heard is good things about this deal and it has free shipping

http://www.cacklehatchery.com/hatchery-surprise.html BYC has a thread on it here https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...atchery-surprise-anybody-got-this-before/2490

Back
Top Bottom