The Middle Tennessee Thread

I looked this morning and think I will hang on to my breeders at least through the spring I only have 7 ladies at the moment and need to keep them in order to have chicks for people I have promised them to. I can let you know when I hatch a few batches.

I am down to one Maran cross and one Biel hen, and she's not laying. I am in dire need!

I am down to one Maran cross and one Biel hen, and she's not laying. I am in dire need!

Ok we will get you some chicks Jamie. Hate to hear that I had some thing that was getting a bird a night and eating just the neck and head. Did you tell me you had an incubator? I could load you down with hatching eggs in about 2 weeks at no charge we could meet for supper somewhere between us and you could pick them up. And I have plenty Golden sex links egg layers if you need a few no charge on them either.

I need to grow out a few and then we can talk. It would be a DQ if they were in the APA. I think that would be in the first 40 pages as a defect to cull for.

LOL I know what you mean
thumbsup.gif

Ok we will get you some chicks Jamie. Hate to hear that I had some thing that was getting a bird a night and eating just the neck and head. Did you tell me you had an incubator? I could load you down with hatching eggs in about 2 weeks at no charge we could meet for supper somewhere between us and you could pick them up. And I have plenty Golden sex links egg layers if you need a few no charge on them either.

My brother does have one that he is supposed to be efficient with.
I believe the three that died might have had Marecks. Four of the young ones that you gave me turned into roosters... Lol. One of them that came out of the brooder is looking like a rooster. The pullet has a little fluff on her head from the legbar.
I really appreciate your generousity. I would love to have more Biels, and the egg layers...lol.

Last edited:
My brother does have one that he is supposed to be efficient with.
I believe the three that died might have had Marecks. Four of the young ones that you gave me turned into roosters... Lol. One of them that came out of the brooder is looking like a rooster. The pullet has a little fluff on her head from the legbar.
I really appreciate your generousity. I would love to have more Biels, and the egg layers...lol.
Find out how many eggs the incubator holds and I will save you some hatching eggs. I know your wife wanted some chicks Just send me a private message on here so I will make sure and get it. And we will make some plans.

Speaking of tomatoes, for the best taste I'm partial to Black Krim, an old heirloom variety. Brick red/brown tomatoes, medium size, really wonderful taste. I also grew Mortgage Lifter, another old heirloom a few years ago. Flavor was good-nice but not exceptional, but production was incredible. It is a medium sized red indeterminate that just keeps going, I'll bet the vine got 12-13 feet long ( I trained it along a fence sideways) and it bore very heavily and when it was going to frost hard and I decided it was time to pick all the green tomatoes I picked nearly 200 to ripen indoors. I only had one plant but that was the most prolific tomato I EVER had. .

Back
Top Bottom