The Middle Tennessee Thread

Quote: Wait a minute!

You have Mille Fleur Leghorns that are RC? And or RC Isabelle splits?????

You SERIOUS??
th.gif

Please pm me with prices
droolin.gif

The MFL are NOT RC. Just the splits pen.

@DMRippy

Could you tell me (or send me a pm) with the prices of the SC Millie Leghorns, and the RC splits... I take it they are all splits? All will hatch out brown, and bred to each other I will have Isabelles next year?

Yep!

They just are not as popular as the single comb variety.

They should be for the frost bite!  Those combs are CRAZY HUGE and the wattles don't help either.

I agree, so much nicer to not have to worry about frostbite.

Crazy enough, I have three old production White leghorn ladies, and because their giant combs fold over, they do get chill blains on the fold part every winter, but they have not lost any comb, not at all! and come summer time they look fine. I still feel bad for them, so have been making sure I only get tiny combed chickens, but your millie tempt me, since I love that color/pattern.

I wish I had a rose comb or pea comb something that I could stick over them, but the "chicken genetic" calculator says that Millie Fleur is recessive to everything... So I would end up with splits, and have lots of work to breed them back, blah, blah, blah.

Lyonnaise, Alsteirer/Styrians, Appenzeller Spitzhaubens, Ayam Cemanis, Americaunass, American Bresse, Light&Dark Brahmas, Black Jersey Giants, Bielefelders, Belgian D'Uccles: Mille Fleurs, Croad Langshans,Olandsk Dwarfs, Orloffs, Orusts, Golden Laced Polish, White Crested Polish, Silver Crested Polish, Rhodebars, Sultans, Swedish Blue Isbars, and others.

This is off her page. But like I said, she said she fell and is hurt right now.

Wow, can u send me the page info ? Mostly for my own curiosity sake

Quote: I agree, so much nicer to not have to worry about frostbite.

Crazy enough, I have three old production White leghorn ladies, and because their giant combs fold over, they do get chill blains on the fold part every winter, but they have not lost any comb, not at all! and come summer time they look fine. I still feel bad for them, so have been making sure I only get tiny combed chickens, but your millie tempt me, since I love that color/pattern.

I wish I had a rose comb or pea comb something that I could stick over them, but the "chicken genetic" calculator says that Millie Fleur is recessive to everything... So I would end up with splits, and have lots of work to breed them back, blah, blah, blah.
Maybe down the road someone will come up with them.

Back
Top Bottom