The Middle Tennessee Thread

If it helps, I had a chick once that had been pecked down to the skull. Seriously, could see bone. He lived in the house for a bit and was treated with antibiotics and a topical ointment. He eventually was fine. :)

If it helps, I had a chick once that had been pecked down to the skull. Seriously, could see bone. He lived in the house for a bit and was treated with antibiotics and a topical ointment. He eventually was fine.
smile.png

Thanks Anne. I had a hen that had been pecked so badly you could see the bones in her neck and she lived too.

Unfortunately this little one passed away last night. Thanks everybody for your encouragement and ideas on what to do for her!

0.jpg

Is this some weird crow or is he having some sort of issues? This guy is about 3 months old and is from a TSC bantam mix. I've lost 3 of the 7 I got from that mix so this makes me nervous. The other three which are a silkie, a d'uccle, and an OEGB (I think) are doing great.

Is this some weird crow or is he having some sort of issues? This guy is about 3 months old and is from a TSC bantam mix. I've lost 3 of the 7 I got from that mix so this makes me nervous. The other three which are a silkie, a d'uccle, and an OEGB (I think) are doing great.
Does he only do it when he's eating? Might just be a wierd start to crowing, but almost sounds like food is getting up in his sinuses... maybe there's a small hole in the upper palette??

Back
Top Bottom