The Middle Tennessee Thread

Real quick before I start the packing again.

My Calhoun results for 1st judging were blk hen 1st rv, blk pullet 4, Black, Blue and Splash Showgirls all got BV but the blk SG got BB and the blue got RB in AOV.
The second show Blk hen went broody (Yes she laid an egg and went broody beween the two judgings the little turd), black pullet 5th, all Showgirls got BV with eht black taking RB. So all in all I had a wonderful day. Congrats to all winners.

Happy hatching everyone I have eggs at Miss Judy's hatching on Tuesday I think. Oh and I came home with 18 eggs so yes I filled up one more bator full. Marty Mcguire took the Showgirl eggs and is going to help get them accepted. He said they were the best he has ever seen.
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
Made my week. Ronnie Ledford also said the same thing. Wow I did not know I could love them any more but those kind of comments really just make me so very happy. I love my Showgirls. Oh there were like 9 birds competing in the AOV catagory including 4 paints and some ohter AOV silkie colors and we still took BB and RB the first show and RB the second show. IMO that is saying a lot because of the disadvantages already of the longer back and less feathering due to the NN gene. The second show Judy Lee beat up with Patty Cake ( a very lovely paint pullet).

Hope everyone is enjoying thier weekend.
Tisha
I am backto packing uuuugggghhh

Jenski- thank for asking about my chick with they eye issue. Went out today and bought the opthalmic antibiotic, came home to apply it and found his/her eye 95% better!!
wee.gif
. I'm really glad to have it on hand in case it relapses or for future issues. Gonna keep a close eye on it for the next few days.

DMRippy-congrats on th pips!!

Tisha- I have no idea what all that stands for, but glad to here you had a good time.

Hey, Gang!
Talked with Emmalynn yesterday and we want to do another meet up! Soooooo... mark your calendars. October 8th at 1pm in Cool Springs. Hopefully some of our north of Nashville folks can hit this one. We didn't set a location, so y'all help pick.

Las Palmas- inexpensive and yummy mexican food
Calypso Cafe- inexpensive and yummy island food (have the BEST black bean nachos EVER!)
Golden Corral Buffet- a flat price all you can eat buffet with a great deal of variety
McAlistar's Deli- sandwiches, baked potatos, etc
Chuy's- higher priced, but really yummy mexican type food

There may be other places that y'all like. Feel free to suggest others. This is what I could come up with off the top of my head.

Let me know if you are coming so we can get a table big enough. These meetups have ranged from 2 people to 25 people so an official head count will help keep the restaurant from hating us.

Tracy- glad your girl is doing better. It is so scary when something is wrong with them.
hugs.gif

DMRippy- how many have pipped now? It is so exciting once they pip!! What flavor are you hatching? Come on babies!!
thumbsup.gif

Tish- I can't believe you had a girl go broody at a show! Silly little girls. That is just too funny. They are determined little things, aren't they? Congrats on your wins. You deserve it all! Your birds are gorgeous!
love.gif

Jenski- what are you up to in your neck of the woods? You have been very quiet lately.

I am still cleaning out pens for fall. I have two black EE pullets left and the two sweet little cochin/silkie boys. I really want those two to go to a good home. They are just so stinkin' cute! the little boys are free to anyone that wants them. I cannot tell you how cute these two are! I'll try to get pictures if it quits raining.

It's a sad, hard day for the country. It helps to sooth the heart to know there are good people like y'all all around. Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Quote:
Well I just got back from Indianapolis, and the first thing I did was come to puter to see what was up with your hatch!
big_smile.png

I read where you had two pips, Looking forward to some pics tomorrow!

Papaw is still in good spirits, but the pathology says the tumor in his throat is stage 4, he'll probably have to use the electronic voice box device, any Ideas how I can approach this with a 7 and 9 year old? They've accepted the tracheotomy, but the electronic voice may be tough on them.

Quote:
Four that I know of and 3 are out!!!!!! I have a pic of the first one but since I left 2 hrs ago 2 more have popped out!!!!! These that are hatching now at day 19 are from my neighbor so they are either NH or NH x yokahoma we will see! They were outside for days and that is probably why they are hatching so early. I have 5 Blue/Black Barred Rocks, lots of EE, Olive Eggers and Production Red types. TWO Lav Splits and uhmmmm... I don't know what else.

I have a question should I removed these that are hatching so early? My humidity stays up pretty good if you open it so I don't think that will be an issue if I put some water in at the same time. I could even run a vaporizer when I get them out to keep the humidity up. Would it even matter if none of the other eggs have pipped?

Back
Top Bottom