The Middle Tennessee Thread

Good Morning everyone! Got home too late last night to check BYC......enjoyed the birthday party, but I had more fun with you all! WAY more fun!

What a neat bunch of people. Agree with all who said they wished we'd of had more time and a chance to talk with everyone. I was picturing faces as I read your posts just now ~ Hey! Yer real people!

And welcome to Craig, the hired hand! Hope you like it here as well!

Please just consider making the next meet-up Mar 5th instead of the 12th, as I'll be in the Smokies chasing bears that day (well, not really chasing, more like mosieing around looking fer some).

Good coffee, good friends.....what a way to wake up!
frow.gif

Morning all . . . it's around 31 here, nice and balmy! Feels like spring, and if I squint real hard it sort of looks like spring, too.
wink.png

My birds always seem a bit fussier on Sunday mornings. I'm not sure why . . . maybe it's because I prefer they be quieter on Sunday (for the neighbors' sakes), and they are just contrary little buggers.
tongue.png
Sure are cute, though.

Hi All!

I had a great time chatting with you all yesterday ... the time went by to fast. I am already looking forward to the March meet up now.

Thank you sooooooooooooo much Holly for the eggs. I took my 'fake eggs' out of the new Little Gaint last night and put in the eggs you gave my (small side down). I started my journal on the temp/humidity/dates and I am so excited about my very first hatching experience. And congrats on your new baby chicks Holly!!!! post some pics please *smile*.

Shelly..you know how I said we have not hatched a clean legged EE from those eggs...well it hatched while I was gone
celebrate.gif
so my Ameraucana boys have gone from observing to doing.Beautiful color chick though...can't get pics until they all hatch-only got 8 or so out right now.
I'm hoping the eggs do well for you...if not we will try again.This warmer weather they do better. I'll also have a wider variety
Early March will be hard for me...Cookie tables I believe the first weekend...unless we sell all of the cookies quick
fl.gif
now I can also bring cookies to the next Meet up I have lots here to sell so if anyone wants me to bring some let me know..we have 114 boxes in her name to part with plus her table sales...must sell at least 200 boxes per kiddo.
Pics tomorrow hopefully..unless they get real busy today

I'm going through old files and organizing photos this morning . . . found one for you, Holly. I adore fluffy cochin bottoms, and in late summer '09 I snapped a pic of Dixie and Lucy snacking in the shade:

12029_2009-0809_dolly_lucy_cochin_butts_crop_400px.jpg

Hey, here's another pic I snapped back in October 2009 of some chickens in a tiny German village. They were in a little yard with a nice orchard. Look like sex link/Gold Comet types? (including one seriously overmated gal on the left)

12029_2009-1003_german_chix_02_crop_800px.jpg

I think this was taken somewhere between Bad Neustadt an der Saale and Wildflecken. (northeast of Frankfurt, near the mountains)

I would recognize those fluffy butts anywhere
big_smile.png

We had one of my Wyandotte chicks hatch so far
celebrate.gif
one more to go hopefully.Now all I need is a padded cell,germ proof and all to keep it in until it's fully grown.Hopefully those real good papa roo genes were passed on.
Now,back to cleaning pens in the basement...7 down 3 to go and I need to make 2 more small chick pens...my rubbermade has fallen apart

Holly - sounds like you have a very busy day ahead.

OK - this was the only pic I took yesterday , love this chicky.

49600_hollys_new_chick_jan152011.jpg

Now I'm wishing I would have take more of ALL of us at lunch.

Back
Top Bottom