The Middle Tennessee Thread

is your wife actually going to let you sale him now chad LOL
gig.gif
Well not exactly

My STUPID Guinea are up in a TREE in the rain AGAIN... ok the rain is new. We got half of them to come down and go home but the others would not budge.
barnie.gif
I don't think I am going to let them out ANYMORE.... till the sun stays up longer. They go to roost about 3pm
hu.gif

Donna i hear they taste pretty good. Maybe you could.get them down with a shotgun. :-D

They may be down.... FROZEN from all the rain and COLD. I will let you know..... if you want to eat some.

I don't think so on the Shotgun.... unless it was blanks or just noise. I am NOT letting them out for the next week...

Last edited:
You proably will have to worry more about owls getting them rather than the cold! Gunieas seem to be top prey for predators when they roost out on their own.
Some one over in my area is advertising young chicks for sale but its way to early in the winter for me as I have no place to move them o outside and my wife won't tolerate them in the house for three months!lol

You proably will have to worry more about owls getting them rather than the cold! Gunieas seem to be top prey for predators when they roost out on their own.
Some one over in my area is advertising young chicks for sale but its way to early in the winter for me as I have no place to move them o outside and my wife won't tolerate them in the house for three months!lol

They did fine. They are not getting out again for a few days. These cloudy days are messing with their clocks and they roost too early. They still didn't want to go in...... SCRATCH works wonders.

I will NEVER hatch keets late in the year EVER! I lost so many. Lost more day olds, then lost them one right after the other when I took them outside..... SPRING and SUMMER KEETS for me. As soon as they start laying I will be hatching if you want some in the spring. I have White, Lavender, Pearl, Pearl Pied, Coral Blue, Royal Purple. I have several other colors coming in the spring too..... Hubby just wants to eat the eggs
tongue.png

HELP.......yesterday my SLW started acting like she had trouble walking....I checked her over and she seemed ok. Last night she couldn't get on the roost so I put her in the nesting box and she didn't really like that, so I let her sleep in this little cubby space on top of the boxes and as high as the roost. This morning I did a more extensive exam and she seems to favor the right leg a bit but didn't flinch when I touched it. I looked over everything very carefully and didn't see anything out of the normal. She came out into the run and I just observed her for awhile.
She takes a few steps and then sits down, then she starts to fall backward and uses her wings to keep her from falling back totally....then the whole process starts over again.
I fed her by hand and she has a good appetite and drinks ....her eyes look good, in fact everything looks good. I'm at a loss.
I think she's been vaccinated for Mereks but I'm going to contact The Poultry House just to make sure.
Any theories?

Back
Top Bottom