The Middle Tennessee Thread

If anyone knows of someone looking for a SLW cockerel I have several to choose from. I about 5 months old and 1 or 2 that are about 3 months old. AND several little guys not feathered in yet about 6 weeks old. I don't want to send them to the roo guy they are too pretty for that.

ALSO I have my German NH on CL if anyone is interested. I have 4 hens and 2 pullets all laying and 2 reg NH roos if you want. I will sell any combo you want... with or without roos.

I also have a Splash Copper Marans Roo. He is looking really good. He has feathered legs and some copper showing. He is going to be really nice. I will get some pictures today if anyone is interested.

I also found 2 Copper Marans pullets clean legs that are going on CL. Not sure what color they were off the top of my head.... they may both be blue or 1 blue and one black, but I think both or blue. I only really remember 1 or 2 blacks in that pen.

I am new to this and was given a Cochin x Silkie cockerel a little over a week ago. I am not sure exactly how old he is, but he does now crow yet. I think his "birthday" said feb26.
I have him a little coop and a run, etc. I do not yet have any other birds.
He is a sweet guy, follows me around the yard, jumps up in my lap to take a nap, etc.
is there anything that I may have overlooked? I have done extensive research and cannot come up with anything I am doing wrong or neglecting to do, but I was thrown into this so quickly I just am paranoid. He gets feed every day as well as several hours of supervised free ranging. When I put him in his coop at night, he does NOT like it. He tries to get out and would rather sleep on my lap, but obviously that can't happen. It is sad, but is this normal?
Thank you!!!

I am new to this and was given a Cochin x Silkie cockerel a little over a week ago. I am not sure exactly how old he is, but he does now crow yet. I think his "birthday" said feb26.
I have him a little coop and a run, etc. I do not yet have any other birds.
He is a sweet guy, follows me around the yard, jumps up in my lap to take a nap, etc.
is there anything that I may have overlooked? I have done extensive research and cannot come up with anything I am doing wrong or neglecting to do, but I was thrown into this so quickly I just am paranoid. He gets feed every day as well as several hours of supervised free ranging. When I put him in his coop at night, he does NOT like it. He tries to get out and would rather sleep on my lap, but obviously that can't happen. It is sad, but is this normal?
Thank you!!!

The best thing you can do for him is get him some girlfriends, chickens are flock birds & do not do well by themselves. You mentioned a coop, does it have roost ? Some silkies won't use one but it being a mix breed it may. Best of luck to you. Let us know how he does.

I have a very handsome bantum silkie roo (brown/black) that needs a new home - I just have too many roos. He was hatched 12/19 and raised by one of my cochins. I'll even throw in a silkie hen (1yr) - Let me know if you're interested.

Just finished day 7 candle 6 out of 8 JG's looked great 2 of them im not for sure about.. i also set 8 delaware crosses same day only 2 of them was for sure fertile my old roo is not getting it done.. still very exciting as this is my first time incubating
Sooo.. i built a candler today bought a 75watt spot beam bulb for it re candled the ones i thought was duds and they all looked GOOD.. guess the delawares eggs were a lil more dense and harder to see through with a flash light...
celebrate.gif
should of never doubted the old dude !!

well you have wonderful looking silkies...and that makes a big difference in how many you sell.
Thank you. :) We are trying. They are not as nice as some but we have good bloodlines in our flock and aim for show quality.
I don't ever toss eggs unless they are at 14 days. You will KNOW they are clear then
wink.png
We do it at 10 days. At 10 days there is an OBVIOUS difference. 7 days, some of the darker shells I am never sure about so I just always leave until 10.

Btw, I meant to tell you... in every single batch of your Lav Ams eggs there is like a mottled color egg. None of them were fertile for me. I pulled only those eggs every single time. Idk if you are having the same issues or whether those eggs just don't like my bator!

Back
Top Bottom