The Middle Tennessee Thread

Question.... Y'all are smart people and might can help DIRECT me to the right place.

My dad has a creek running through his back and side yard in Nashville.  It had a retaining wall until the BIG FLOOD and all the subsequent minor flooding had not helped.  It was just a bricko block type wall along the side and in the curve.  He had a tree fall in the ice storm that may have done the wall in for good.  I know water ways are not owned by the property owner but not sure if anyone can help him get it repaired.  He got a bid of $39,000 to fix it.... I don't think he should have to fix it but if something is not done he will lose his back yard soon. 

I just don't have any idea who to call..... State or Army Corp of Eng.?  I kinda doubt there is any help to fix the problem, but he wants me to try. 

Donna, I saw a story a while back where a guy had the same thing happen. He called the city & they basically said it was his problem, they would not pay for any of it.
My son does block work. I could get him to give you a quote, or the guy he works for could. Let me know, if he doesn't have to work sat. he may come out with me.

Question.... Y'all are smart people and might can help DIRECT me to the right place.

My dad has a creek running through his back and side yard in Nashville. It had a retaining wall until the BIG FLOOD and all the subsequent minor flooding had not helped. It was just a bricko block type wall along the side and in the curve. He had a tree fall in the ice storm that may have done the wall in for good. I know water ways are not owned by the property owner but not sure if anyone can help him get it repaired. He got a bid of $39,000 to fix it.... I don't think he should have to fix it but if something is not done he will lose his back yard soon.

I just don't have any idea who to call..... State or Army Corp of Eng.? I kinda doubt there is any help to fix the problem, but he wants me to try.
Is the creek close to a waterway that is controlled by the Corp? If so the corp may do something to help, was there not federal monies available for damages after the flood? May be better to Rip Rap it instead of a wall.

Last edited:
Quote:
That was what I thought..... I will ask him. I know our handyman is giving him a quote but it is like 50-70 feet long on 2 sides of the creek and then there is the curve too. Just a mess.....

I know our creek has changed since we bought the place. Every big storm brings new surprises. Funny they don't want you to mess with the creeks either.... just your problem.......

Metro came out before the BIG FLOOD and made a big mess for us. They were clearing all the gravel out from the bridge and only cleaned 2 parts of it and then the flood came and we have gravel out the ying yang down stream now.

Hi All, This evening I got the metal top on my soon to be covered poultry run for my Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks.
smile.png

wow, what a great looking building....very nice!!
droolin.gif

Hi All, This evening I got the metal top on my soon to be covered poultry run for my Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks.
smile.png

I cleaned out the deep litter from the coop yesterday and put fresh shavings and hay in. It was soooo nice outside. The chickens got to run free and forage and loved it until the new puppy decided to stay playing with them. She's playful but gonna have to tie her when they're out now til she learns better. Our older dog sniffs them over and walks off- he knows better.

I'm playing with a few ideas to make a small chicken tractor. I could use it as a growing out pen til I sell it to the lady getting a few of these chicks once they're ready to be outside full time

Back
Top Bottom