The Middle Tennessee Thread

Y'all are such a knowledgable bunch I figured I could ask here. Is the Ameraucana a roo? She's more timid than the rest but I have an odd feeling she may be a he. So pretty, I hope not. She the dark one on the right. Neck is extra long in this pic bc she was checking out the phone. I can get another pic in the morning. I live in a suburb and would be devistated to rehome one of my girls. Thanks in advance.

Y'all are such a knowledgable bunch I figured I could ask here. Is the Ameraucana a roo? She's more timid than the rest but I have an odd feeling she may be a he. So pretty, I hope not. She the dark one on the right. Neck is extra long in this pic bc she was checking out the phone. I can get another pic in the morning. I live in a suburb and would be devistated to rehome one of my girls. Thanks in advance.
How old? I don't see any pinking yet. Is their a single row of "beads" on the comb or a triple row? And is she a real Ameraucana or an EE? Three beads usually is a rooster but with an EE it is less than a hardset rule.

The picture doesn't give a good view of the feathering of the neck and saddle area. Look for pointed feathers in this area for a roo and round ones for a pullet.

Last edited:
One mauve and one blue bantam orpington in the brooder, one blue drying in the bator, one blue zipping, and one pipping. I was so worried when the temperature dropped during a power outage, but all if the ones that seemed viable at lockdown are doing great
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom