The Middle Tennessee Thread

Well, I decided that I'd throw a coat of paint on and try my hand at some simple wheels for the tractor. The wheels slide on to move it, slide off so it lays flat. Cost $15for the whole wheel set up, so I'm happy.

The littles LOVE their free-feeder, they got some sprouts as a treat and acted like they've been starved.

I wanted to introduce myself. I've got a mini farm in Dickson (emphasis on "mini")! We've had a mixed flock of chickens for years but I've decided to focus on raising 3 or 4 breeds. I would like to show them eventually.

Then you MUST attend the Bantam show being held at the Dickson Co. Ag Center (Fairgrounds) in Dickson on the 26th of this month. A lot of us are going to be meeting up Face2Face for the first time there.

Volunteer State Poultry Club is headquartered in Dickson! We meet monthly to talk chickens and plan shows. Our next meeting is tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. at the Fairgrounds in Dickson, in the Poultry Barn. You're invited to come join us! Our next show is April 26, also at the Fairgrounds. You can find details on our FB page, and if you have questions you can ask me!

Hey, I am in Goodlettsville/Millersville. My car has a broke transmission. Is anyone near me going on the 26th? I was hoping to go with one BYC member who just moved to town from Florida but she hasn't been online in a while so she may be up to her eyeballs in alligators (that followed her from Florida of course
gig.gif
). So I am trying to form Plan B. I have already taken off work for that day.

Anyone in the area want to buy the 5 dozen hatching eggs that my customer just flaked on? Selling all 5 dozen for $50 or best offer. I don't want to see them go to waste. They are mix breed though. RIR x GLW. They will make great layers not breeding stock.

I'm near Manchester/Tullahoma.

Hatching Question... We had six eggs under our silkie and came home to three hatched. We didn't disturb the other three but we didn't see any pipping either. They all looked viable at 14 days but we haven't candled since andwe don't want to disorient them by moving them round. How long would you leave them under her and can we assume she will keep them warm enough with the cold weather coming? We set them under her at 2pmon Monday so we are about 21.5 days under mommy.

Hatching Question... We had six eggs under our silkie and came home to three hatched. We didn't disturb the other three but we didn't see any pipping either. They all looked viable at 14 days but we haven't candled since andwe don't want to disorient them by moving them round. How long would you leave them under her and can we assume she will keep them warm enough with the cold weather coming? We set them under her at 2pmon Monday so we are about 21.5 days under mommy.
She knows when to leave the nest. Leave her alone.... if she hears them she will sit... she knows if they are duds at this point.

Back
Top Bottom