The Middle Tennessee Thread

I probably have started pullets. I have some people that want some but feel sure I have more. If you want to pm me I can get back with you tomorrow with what I have. I do not. Have my computer tonight. I have an olive egger and some Marans and project Marans. Not sure what else but I have a few.

Something I put together over the weekend so that I will be able to carry a couple birds in to the Volunteer State Poultry Show in Dickson, TN April 26. :)

Hi we are new to Middle TN and to chickens. I was wondering if some of you could post pictures of your coop and run. We have a covered 11x20 shelter with a concrete pad that we are thinking of building our coop and run on. With the heat and humidity here what are the best coop designs? And what would you recommend to put down for the run since it concrete. I have read a lot on byc about sand and am leaning in that direction.
Here is a couple pics of the shelter we will probably build under. Thanks for any and all input!

So I was shopping at the mall the other day (and somewhat daydreaming) and I passed a teenage boy wearing a t-shirt with big block letters that read BCM. I immediately thought Black Copper Marans....then thought how funny that this trendy Nashville teenager was wearing a chicken shirt...then I thought or was it BLUE Copper Marans....It took a second before it occurred to me that the shirt likely had NOTHING to do with chickens. LOL Oh well, he doesn't know what he's missing!
Hope you all have a chuckle & a blessed day today...and get to daydream about chickens
yippiechickie.gif

Hi we are new to Middle TN and to chickens. I was wondering if some of you could post pictures of your coop and run. We have a covered 11x20 shelter with a concrete pad that we are thinking of building our coop and run on. With the heat and humidity here what are the best coop designs? And what would you recommend to put down for the run since it concrete. I have read a lot on byc about sand and am leaning in that direction.
Here is a couple pics of the shelter we will probably build under. Thanks for any and all input!

I wouldn't enclosed it with anything except wire. As an extra you could add some clear vinyl on the windy side for a wind break in the winter. Just attach it with Velcro so it's removable.
I'll attach a pic of my breeding/grow out pens. The partitions are removable and I just use the clear vinyl in Jan and Feb when I have trios in them

Remember... fresh air and sunshine are the best things you can provide your chickens...

Welcome to all of the new members!! I am Ayslen Redmon owner of Lots 'A' Cluckin' Farm! I raise 100% English Orpingtons currently in colors Black, Blue, & Splash and Lavender but growing some Jubilees and plan to begin breeding them as soon as they are big enough!

I currently have Black, Blue and Splash English Orpington eggs for sell!!
I will have some ready to ship out Monday, April 21st!
But I also ship eggs every week!

If you are interested in purchasing some of these eggs please contact me as soon as possible!

$65 + shipping for 10+ BBS English Orpington eggs

$120 + shipping for 20+ BBS English Orpington eggs.

The shipping cost will depend on how many eggs you get and your zip code.
I can be contacted here or by E-mail at [email protected]

You can also contact me on my Facebook farm page!

https://www.facebook.com/LotsACluckinFarm

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom