The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hey, Lori! I have a herd of tiny buff orps out there right now. Some I can guess on gender. Others are brand spanking new (hatched last Thursday). I also have a fresh batch of those spotted OEs. Want some? :)

Hey there everybody.
Have not posted in forever.
I am looking for Buff Orpington chicks for a 10 yr old that had some serious losses due to a weasel. Repairs to coop have been made and we are looking for at least 20 and up to 50. If they can be sexed all the better.
Somebody please help!!
I have grown buff orp hens for sale! $15 I have 6 for sale

This actually raises a question that i have wondered about for a while. At what point do you quit saying that your birds are from X breeder? How many generations down the line?
My silkies came from Ferguson. I tell people that my original stock are ferguson birds. When people then buy from me they aren't buying Ferguson birds, they are buying from me. Do they have the right to say they have ferguson stock? If i were Jack Ferguson I would be ****** if someone said that. He doesn't know how i breed and has no control over it. Thus despite my starting with his line they are no longer his line when they leave his farm and I start using them in my breeding program.
What do y'all think?

I don't know about you Big Stock Breeders, but among Gamefowl Breeders they are considered a persons line as long as you don't add new blood.I bought some Bacon Warhorse this week end Mr Bacon breed them in the 1800s they will be Bacon Warhorse until someone adds outside blood.
If I cross them with something else and selective breed for cretin characterizes for several generation when I get them all coming uniform then they will be my Breed...If I add other Warhorse blood and selective breed for many years then they will be BKPuckett Warhorse.

So I have to have a blow out sale on my sebrights. I have to rebuild my tractor and need room in my garage. I am gonna take whatever is left to auction on sat. But I wanted to offer my chicken friends a deal first I will do trios for 25. Roos for 5 and pullets for 10. I will do some trading on guineas or a billy goat for my mean Nannie lol. Or peacocks. Or whatever you got just let me know.

So I have to have a blow out sale on my sebrights. I have to rebuild my tractor and need room in my garage. I am gonna take whatever is left to auction on sat. But I wanted to offer my chicken friends a deal first I will do trios for 25. Roos for 5 and pullets for 10. I will do some trading on guineas or a billy goat for my mean Nannie lol. Or peacocks. Or whatever you got just let me know.

I am going to Bonnies this week. Maybe Thursday or Friday depending on how we feel and the weather. I will let you know for sure. I am not sure I can do any keets. I would hate to trade them at this young age (not hatched yet but due any day) and they not make it. I will just pay you if that is OK.

I told Carson one had been broody. Most of my chickens are really slowing down the past few weeks plus moving them can cause them to stop.

@DMRippy The blue hens I bought from you aren't laying. Do you know what could be wrong?
How long have you had them? Just a week or so right?

It may take them a month or longer for them to get comfortable enough to start laying consistently again and depending on their age they may even go into molt before a they begin laying...It just depends on their stress level mostly!

Last edited:
I told Carson one had been broody. Most of my chickens are really slowing down the past few weeks plus moving them can cause them to stop.

How long have you had them? Just a week or so right? 

It may take them a month or longer for them to get comfortable enough to start laying consistently again and depending on their age they may even go into molt before a they begin laying...It just depends on their stress level mostly! 
Ok thank y'all

Back
Top Bottom